Zurich dating guide advises how to pick up Swiss girls and how to hookup with local women in Zurich. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Swiss women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Zurich, Switzerland.
Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and the capital of the canton of the same name. It is located in the northern part of the country, on the very peak of the lake Obersee. Zurich is Switzerland’s economic center and its most popular city as far as tourism is concerned. The city has around 390.000 occupants in the city proper and an additional 1.1 million in the suburbs. In Zurich, the official language is Swiss German (very different from its German and Austrian counterparts).
- 1 Girls in Zurich
- 2 Where to Get Sex Now
- 3 How to Pick Up Girls
- 4 Dating
- 5 Top Dating Tips
- 6 Online Dating
- 7 Live Cam Dating
- 8 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 9 Risks while Gaming
- 10 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 11 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 12 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 13 Costs of Living
- 14 Accommodation
- 15 How to Get There and Move Around
- 16 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 17 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 18 Gambling and Casinos
- 19 Weed and Drugs
- 20 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 21 STDs and HIV
- 22 Stay Safe
- 23 See Also
Girls in Zurich
To be honest, Zurich might not be the best place to look for a one-night stand partner, girlfriend or wife. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. First, let’s examine some stereotypes regarding Swiss women. One of the best-known stereotypes is that they are cold and emotionally detached. It is not the case that they are cold, i.e. that they do not feel anything, but they do not express their emotions very often or at all. They are calm, quiet and honest as well. You could conclude that they are not avid talkers.
That can be both good and bad depending on how talkative you are. They do not go wild and give too much freedom to their actions, even in parties. Most of them are introverts. However, they strive for independence and they are prioritize their privacy. According to some, they mostly tend to be strong and resilient. This is simply not the case and is, at best, a rough estimation. Many of them are skinny and tall to some degree. And yes, most of them are blondes with blue eyes (brunettes are a special minority). Although not considered beautiful, they have mostly considered cute. There are a lot of tourists and one-third of all inhabitants are of foreign origin. They might be more open and have different physical features, which would appeal more to your taste.
Another stereotype, which is true, is that they are neat and tidy. Something that can be due to their national heritage. They are almost always on time. More importantly, they respect each other’s time. This is very important. It is partially true that, due to their reserved and introverted attitude, they do not know how to dance. They are deemed as best travel companions.
Where to Get Sex Now
It is easy to get sex online in Zurich. You just need to find the best available girls. See Girls Online Here!
How to Pick Up Girls
It is not an easy job to pick up a local girl in Zurich. Mostly due to their fairly reserved attitude, it is really weird to start a conversation out of the blue with someone you do not know. Many women choose consciously to remain single for their whole life and many more think about long term relationship only after their 30s. This does not mean that it is easy to get to the point of one night stand with younger ones. Even so, most of German-speaking Swiss tend to start relationships and marry among themselves. At any rate, you have higher chances of hooking up with a local of foreign origin.
Tips for Daytime
As we already said, it is really weird to start a conversation with a stranger, especially during the day. Even if you try the usual “ask for directions” approach, they are probably going to answer your question directly and continue with whatever they were doing at the moment when they were interrupted. Another thing about Swiss is that they have the longest working hours in Europe and they are very committed to it. Most start with work at 8 am and finish around 5 pm.
Many will enjoy the outdoor weekend, so it would be reasonable to worry about opportunities to meet them during the day. That is why it would be best if you could get introduced by a friend-zoned local girl, a common friend to both of you. However, you will probably get rejected anyway, as it is quite unexpected to hit on someone during the day. Again, maybe the best chances lay in trying to find someone of foreign origin.
Best Places to Meet Girls
Zurich is the city of culture. It has many museums, universities, galleries, etc… Why is this important? Well, we already said that Swiss girls are striving to be independent, which implies that they dedicate a lot of their leisure time to self-improvement, cultural and technical education. Therefore, during the day, you could imagine that they would spend their time in the places listed below. Swiss also love being outdoors, so it would make sense to check out the parks. Some places that might be of interest to you are listed down below.
- Altstadt (Old Town): It is the historical center of Zurich. Some buildings date to the 13th century, such as Grimmenturum (residence). One of the most famous theaters, previously Shoemaker's Guild House, is located on the eastern part of Spiegelgasse. Narrow streets, rising steeply on the east side of the Limmat river, are home to many antique shops and boutiques, as well as cafes and restaurants.
- Uetliberg- Providing the best views of the city and the lake, the hill Uetliberg is favorite among locals. Located southwest of Zurich, it is a great place for many outdoor activities. The broad walkway leads to a restaurant at the summit which is enclosed in glass and is one of many beautiful places to spend time around. Riding to the Uetillberg at night for a dinner is one of the locals' favorite winter activities.
- Lake Zurich and Bürkliplatz: One of the favorite places in Zurich altogether. The shore is covered by parks and promenades where locals enjoy swimming, having a picnic, jogging and sunbathing. One of the parks is well known Zürichhorn Park, built for the National Exhibition of 1939. A large flea-market is held every Saturday on Bürkliplatz with more than five hundred vendors such as antique dealers and hobby traders.
- Kunsthaus Zürich (Museum of Fine arts): Ranked as one of Europe's finest art museums, the museum traces its history back to a group of artists formed in 1787. It has the largest collections of Charles Munch's and Monet's paintings, outside Oslo and Paris respectively. The emphasis is placed upon quality over quantity. Most of the paintings were painted by artists of Impressionism, Post-Impressionism and Modern school. Works by Salvador Dali, Vincent Van Gogh, Manet and Cezanne can all be seen here.
Tips for Nighttime
Nighttime provides some better chances for meeting and hooking up with girls. If anything, clubs are where girls would not be surprised if you approach them. Some general advice of caution still applies. First, be cautious and watch out for the girl’s body language. She might like you but does not want to show it or acknowledge it. However unlikely there is a possibility that she is “giving” the signs, but is actually just playing around with you without any particular interest.
Do not drink too much. Swiss are especially resentful to drunk troublemakers. The best possible way to go about it would be if you could be introduced by a common friend. Swiss girls mostly hangout with their friends, i.e. by rule -other girls, in groups and it is extremely hard to separate that one you like from the rest. Although you are in a night club, maintain a certain distance and respect her personal space. Do not be too open about your intents and avoid too personal topics.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
Best places for the nighttime game are the nightclubs. You are most likely to hookup there, if anywhere. Avoid parks. If there is anything weirder than approaching a stranger in the street just to say hi, then it is approaching strangers in the park and girls will likely back down due to peer pressure. Below are listed some of the best nightclubs:
- Supermarket: An underground club with lots of statues and stone masonry, first opened back in ’90s in a garage in the west part of Zurich. The club is focused on modern electronica played on cutting-edge technology by local and international DJ’s. Entry is open to all those who are older than 21.
- Hive: Favorite among locals, Hive is a place where energy is always up, but never too out of control. It promotes local artists, releasing several recordings under its own label, and even has its own kitchen. It is mostly known for playing electronic music, but from time to time plays some popular music, depending on the theme for the night or for the month.
- Gonzo: If you pay attention and find a line of people standing in line by a telephone stand for no apparent reason, you are probably in front of Gonzo, a small underground club lacking signs or bright luring lights. It is actually a cellar with dance floor, a bar and a smoking lounge blasted with rock and pop music. It is a refreshment in Zurich which mostly favors electronic music. A great and one of the few places to do some very serious dance.
- Club Zukunft: This is yet another underground club with a hidden entrance. With a bit more vibrant and eclectic atmosphere and crossover music ranging from electro to funk, it is a club for partying until dawn. People that visit Zukunft are themselves a bit more expressive, eclectic and wilder. Entrance is free of charge on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Zurich is not really famous for its nightlife in general. Do not get us wrong here. There are many wild and good places to hang out at night, such as those listed, but the locals themselves, mind the rare exceptions, are not really “party animals”. Even when in the nightclub, they will restrain themselves from consuming too much alcohol and will probably not act too flirtatious as well. However, Zurich is a big city with lots of tourists and locals of foreign origin who might not be that keen on being reserved.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
In Switzerland, it is expected that you will after a certain age, around the 30s or 40s, dedicate yourself almost fully to family and work. There are many older ladies that are looking for husbands to start a family. As we already said, there are many that will purposefully remain single. It is not that they are traditional when it comes to sex, quite the contrary. However, due to their nature, there are but a few of those that will have “no obligations” type of relationship. It is expected that, if you were ever going to have it, you already did that in your 20s. All of this indicates to the fact that you will most likely not be able to hookup with a lot of mature women. You can still try your luck on dating apps and websites.
When visiting Zurich, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Zurich and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
If you manage to date a local, there are some things you should be aware of. First, do not be late. Second, be a gentleman. Even though they like to be independent, they still want to be treated as ladies. Respect her autonomy and just avoid talking about political and personal topics. Don't mention any stereotypes about Switzerland. However, do talk about something that you feel passionate about and about something at which you excel. Be self-confident, but do not be a dork. Before coming, pay due respect to your hygiene. Swiss girls love high fashion, so do dress up something tasteful. In the end, do not be surprised if she offers you to pay her bill. It is a common thing in Switzerland.
The best places to take her are, without doubt, outdoor places, for an example Uetilberg or to one of parks on the banks of Limmat river. In the end, ask her to show you around the city or ask her where she would like to go.
Switzerland has a good online dating scene, very much like one in Germany and Austria. The dating sites have many members and are updated with the latest functionality tools. You will definitely see some stunners here and there. However, if you decide to sign up, be sure to read every member profile you encounter very carefully as you might find a lot of fake profiles and women looking for “clients”. These can be spotted easily. Standard profile of this type represents a woman which has only one picture in which she is wearing a very tight bikini and is assuming an overly suggestive pose. These profiles are mostly poorly written, as she already presented everything she has on the picture.
As far as applications are concerned, here are some comments about the most popular ones:
- InternationalCupid - Premium international dating site with over 1 million members.
- Tinder- Best app for getting laid. If you are looking for a serious relationship, you should probably just try something else. Generally looks emptier than in other countries, but that is mostly due to the number of inhabitants. Women are very selective though.
- Badoo- It is full of fake bots and sex workers. Mostly empty otherwise. You should not waste time.
- Lovoo- Very lively and full of actual people… actual people who are in fact minors. This is so, because they do not have an age requirement. You should probably just stay away from it.
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Zurich? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
The best chances lay with guys that pay attention to their looks. You do not have to be the most handsome man in history, but do not make yourself more undesirable by bad hygiene or clothes that have not been ironed. Guys that are open, although Swiss themselves are not like that, have better chances. Wealth is not important, but do not be parsimonious. Different ethnicity can only be a plus as many people are biracial, having parents from different backgrounds. Hipsters may catch more attention than some guy in a suit, but as long as it is tasteful and decent.
Risks while Gaming
There is fairly little risk in Switzerland. People simply do not want to get into trouble. It might as well happen that someone is fighting on the street, but no one reacts. As they tend to stay out of trouble, they will likely just back down and call the police straight away. Girls watch out for themselves and police is fairly quick if anything happens. Most likely, if at all, you will get into a fight with immigrants or tourists.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
To put it simply, there is no quick way to get laid per se. Although they are extremely liberal in the ways in which they practice sex, you will need a lot to get to that point. Northern Swiss are quite reserved in that sense, much more than their French-speaking compatriots from western Switzerland. However, there are always tourists and locals of different ethnicity who could be more willing to have sex after a few dates. With the latter, you should bear in mind that if they were raised in Switzerland, they might be as reserved as the Swiss themselves. All this is a pretty bold generalization as people differ in their attitudes and opinions.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
The Sugar Baby scene in Zurich is still quite new but there are a lot of beautiful young girls looking for a Sugar Daddy. The best and safest way to hook up with a Sugar Baby is online. At SecretBenefits.com there is a wide selection of nice girls who are looking for an older guy to take care of them. These babes are easy to approach and you can settle everything before meeting up.
Anyone can be a sugar daddy. Just create your free account at SecretBenefits and start enjoying the wide selection of Sugar Babies available.
As already mentioned, the Swiss are not crazy about money. Girls strive to be independent and would find this simply humiliating. However, your chances lay with immigrants who do not earn as much and in whose culture from back home, it is acceptable or even expected, to be a gold digger.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
There are not as many swinger clubs as one might expect in this western capital. However, there are some. Most of these are in outskirts and suburbs. These clubs are open for singles as well, but general advice would be to call in advance. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Sauna Club Flip
- Club Rouge
- Red Lips. .
Naturism is not the most adored thing, simply because of the temperature. However, when the weather is fine, you can check out the FKK section on the Werdinsel.
Costs of Living
Accommodation is not that bad and neither is the transportation if you are traveling alone. However, services are a rip-off. All and all, accommodation included you will need about 125$ a day.
Now, accommodation is not that expensive as one may think. You can get a decent one-bedroom apartment in the center of the city for around $65 per night. If you are lucky enough, you might find something a little cheaper on Airbnb a little cheaper. Most expensive hotels cost around $600 per night.
Domestic beer in supermarkets costs around $2. These prices can up to $4.
One beer in your neighbourhood pub will cost you $5 on average, although that price can rise with craft beers. Imported beer is always cheaper than the domestic one in bars, but is usually more expensive in supermarkets.
Meal in a cheap restaurant will cost you around $13. The cost of a meal will depend upon the type of restaurant you choose to eat at. Cost of one meal can go as high as $125.
Honestly, if you plan to save your money, just please stay away from the city. Couchsurfing is good and well in Zurich, thank goodness! You should seriously consider this option because Zurich residents have one of the tidiest and cleanest homes and transportation is cheap. Down below, we will list budget hotels in Zurich, assuming that you are not Bill Gates:
- Old town Hostel Otter- The coolest place to stay in Zurich. If you could name the center, then this is the center of the center. The former Hotel Otter changed recently into a hostel. The rooms are pretty simplistic but have a warm vibe to them. The night will cost you around $50.
- Youth hostel- One of the most popular places among solo travelers, it is located 2 km away from city center which is a 15 minutes tram ride. It is really hospitable and both guests and the staff love sharing their experiences in unforgettable lounge. The hostel offers a traditional Swiss breakfast every morning. Lunch and dinner have reasonable prices. The price per night is $50.
- Hotel Splendid- Relatively cheap hotel located in the heart of the city, just 2 minutes away from Limmat River. It's a quaint and elegant, with a very famous bar with live piano music. Drinks at this bar are amazing and people are really talkative. The rooms are clean, but few. The only downside is that there are no private showers available- you have to share yours with others on the same floor. Depending on the ordered service, you will pay $60-$85.
How to Get There and Move Around
Zurich is famous for its highly efficient and clean public transportation system. It includes trams, buses, S-Bahn, regular trains and boats. The network is integrated so it is timetable-wise and fare-wise, providing multiple ways to reach a certain location. The city is divided into zones, and the more zones you pass through, the more you will have to pay. Tickets can be obtained from numerous vending machines which will also provide you with clear instructions on the line and some other useful tourist info. A 24-hour ticket (Day pass) for zone 110 (city center and innermost suburbs) cost as low as two single rides. Some other options include “renting” a bike. This is a quite good compromise between mobility and price. Every day from May to October at several places and the whole year around at the train station, you can use the offer “Zürirollt“(Zurich on wheels). All you need is your passport and $20 for deposit. However, sometimes these bike gates run out of bikes, so you should not bet your whole trip on that.
Zurich airport is Switzerland’s biggest and busiest airport. It is located 12 minutes by train from center of Zurich. Trains run every few minutes, the latest they can come is in 12 minutes. Somewhat earlier in the morning and later at night, trains become less frequent. There are many different airlines to Zurich. If not, surest bet would be to travel to Frankfurt and then catch a plane to Zurich. Ryan air and Euro wings offer booking low cost flights ranging in price from $47 upwards.
Several tram and bus lines cover the city. Like with all other means of public transportation, you purchase and validate tickets before boarding or you risk a nightmarish fine. The schedule is followed to the minute. Even if you miss it, you can always wait for the next one which will show up in the next 15 minutes because of the high frequency.
All highways in Switzerland lead to Zurich. Highways are a good and practical way to travel to Zurich. However, like everything else, they are quite expensive. Vignettes for your car, which can be bought at post offices, petrol stations, garages, touring club offices (TCS) and Customs, cost around 40 $. Not only that but renting a car is expensive as hell. Moreover, in Zurich itself, it is inadvisable to drive a car as the city center is not easy to navigate at all and parking is both limited and expensive. However, you can hire a local taxi but it will definitely cost you more.
The S-Bahn is a convenient way to travel around Zurich. All lines, except for rural ones, will pass through the city center. It connects all the suburbs with the city. Have your ticket validated or pay $100 on-spot fine.
As Zurich is located on the northern shore of Lake Obersee, it can be reached by boat from the lake villages. In Zurich itself, there are two types of boats operating as a part of public transport: lake steamers and river boats. The riverboats run only in summer months, while lake streamers operate on a heavily reduced schedule during the winter. Riverboats have several stops along the Limmat River, starting from the Landesmuseum and out in the lake to Tiefenbrunnen.
Visas: Acquiring Swiss visa can be a big hassle, especially if you come from a Non-Schengen country. You need 2 photos, accommodation for whole stay (for those outside Schengen, couch-surfing is not available), a copy of your return-ticket reservation, medical insurance confirmation of minimum €30,000 coverage within Switzerland and the entire Schengen area, flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Switzerland and proof of sufficient financial means.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
From doctors to waiters, there is a job for everyone in Switzerland. However, getting to the point where you can start working is a bit tricky. Switzerland has very strict laws about labor markets. To start working, you will need a work permit visa which is issued only if some domestic company ask the agency to start the procedure for you. For the citizens of EU-25, it is a lot easier to get this permit which is usually issued for 5 years and is renewable if you worked in the meantime. Legally, EU applicants have the same status as Swiss applicants. They will always be preferred over non-EU applicants. You need to have exceptional skills to e hired and to start working in Switzerland.
Internet and Mobile Operators
First off, Switzerland, despite being mountainous country, has one of the best internet coverage in the region. Only some really remote points are not covered. Wi-Fi in hotels is not bad, but we recommend not relying on those networks too much. Especially if internet connectivity is important for your work. Trains, however, do not have WI-FI. Shops at the airport sell SIM cards. Maybe the best tourist option is buying portable Wi-Fi hotspots which are available at the Tourist information office on Zurich train station. It offers unlimited 4G internet without any data or speed restrictions.
Switzerland was excluded from the abolishment of roaming charges between member states of EU. This means that, even if coming from EU, you will charged higher fees. Some visitors coming from certain parts of US, Canada and Japan may have to buy a new mobile phone due to their phones using CDNA network. There are three main phone providers in Switzerland:
- Swisscom- Definitely has the best network coverage, but also the highest fees.
- Salt- Connectivity is not as good as Swisscom’s.
- Sunrise- Inexpensive rates, but network might be unavailable in certain remote areas.
Gambling and Casinos
Gambling is legal in Switzerland, however there are not as many top tier casinos. It comes as no surprise if we have in mind Swiss prudence. Gambling is simply not part of their tradition. There is only one casino in Zurich, which happens to be the best one in Switzerland:
- Lake Side Casino- With more than 400 slots and gaming machine and 26 table games, Zurich Casino is one of the most prestigious in Switzerland. Among other games, you can play Blakjack, Ultimate Texas Hold’em, American Roulette, Punto Branco, NL Texas Hold’em, Ultimate Texas Hold’em. There are 6 live poker tables to play at. People at the casino are relaxed and cheer, and the dress code is pretty casual. For Poker, it is best to call before to set a reservation. The hosts are really hospitable and you may even get a couple of free drinks before you leave.
Weed and Drugs
Possession and trade of drugs in Switzerland is illegal. However, consumption is not. This is due to the government’s attempt to reduce the number of addicts (which was met with great success). Be it as it may, government supplies Quai9 centers with drugs (heroin, cocaine, you name it…) which are free to use. There is a problem though. They will try to move the “addicts” to replacement therapy, but at first, at least, you can continue with your habit. Weed is hard to find if you are a foreigner. First thing first, dealers are hard to be found on the streets and in the parks. Second, even if someone smokes weed and knows a dealer, he is probably going to tell you that he cannot help you. Moreover, at the German side (Zurich and north in general) are not really into weed. Buying weed depends heavily on connections, If you know the right people, they may hook you up with dealers. Most weed is overpriced and of mediocre quality. You will be fined with $100 only if you were caught with less than 10 g's of weed. Most chances are that you are going to find a street dealer along the Langstrasse avenue. However, the best advice we can give you is to avoid these as the police control is tight.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
If you wish to stay fit during your stay, Zurich’s got you covered. There are not that many gyms, but there is only one that you actually need, and that is NonStop Gym Viadukt. Located some 25 minutes by foot from District 1, it is favorite among locals. It offers great performance/cost ratio and once you pay your monthly fee, you can use it as much and whenever you want, as it is open 24/7.
The most popular spa is Bali Massage. The prices are not that high if we remember that we are in Zurich. It is in the strict city center, surrounded by many of above recommended hotels. Loved by locals and foreigners alike, it is certain that you will enjoy your massages. And no, as this is Switzerland, you should have realized by now that there are no “happy endings” offered. Generally there are many more wellness and spa centers than gyms and that is reasonable when you take into consideration that most Swiss are going to train and do sports outdoors.
STDs and HIV
STDs are on the rise in Zurich and Switzerland in general. Most of those with diagnosed HIV are male (90%). This also applies to gonorrhea and syphilis (around 80% each). Most of those with chlamydia are female, but not by an absolute majority (60%). The good thing is that chlamydia is easily treatable with antibiotics. Although it is so, ask yourself whether you would pay for medical examination and treatment in the third most expensive city in the world. Factually, most people with STDs are travelers. As far as HIV is concerned, there were 512 in Zurich with HIV back in 2014. Current data is unavailable on the internet. To sum up, there is a very small possibility that you will encounter someone with STD if you ever reach the point when it can represent a problem. General advise to follow is to always use protection when engaging in sexual intercourse with a stranger in the city.
Zurich, like all cities in Switzerland, is generally safe. Nevertheless, be on guard for thieves and pickpockets. Carry your wallet or purse in a secure way, not in your hip pocket or a backpack outer pocket. In particular, thieves are known to operate around the Zurich main train station. Do not let your bags out of sight for even a moment.
Certain areas along the lakefront are frequented by young people who sometimes try to pick a fight when they are drunk. Do not let them provoke you, as they are likely to be there in numbers and will use any excuse to have a go at you. You may also notice many of said young people smoking something that isn't a cigarette. Switzerland is surprisingly lenient about such things, but it is hardly a cause for alarm.