Paris dating guide advises how to pick up French girls and how to hookup with local women in Paris. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date French women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Paris, France.
Paris, commonly known as the city of love, is one of the masterpieces of Europe. It has been the French centre for diplomacy, architecture, finance, fashion, food, commerce and arts for many years. Officially, the city holds a population of just over two million; however, the surrounding Pair area has a population of over 12 million. It remains one of the world's best-loved destinations, a place of sophistication, culture and landmarks that are famed on an international scale.
- 1 Girls in Paris
- 2 How to Pick Up Girls
- 3 Dating
- 4 Top Dating Tips
- 5 Online Dating
- 6 Live Cam Dating
- 7 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 8 Risks while Gaming
- 9 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 10 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 11 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 12 Costs of Living
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 How to Get There and Move Around
- 15 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 16 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 17 Gambling and Casinos
- 18 Weed and Drugs
- 19 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 20 STDs and HIV
- 21 Stay Safe
- 22 See Also
Girls in Paris
Parisian girls are stunning and will leave you awestruck. However most of the girls wear comfortable clothing instead of the fashionista outfits which everyone expects. They are mostly friendly, so initiating conversations are not difficult. Moreover, most of the girls have a slightly tanned complexion - just a tad more sun-kissed than their British neighbours.
The Parisian women are great to look at. There are hardly any fat girls, as the nation is famed for its pure foods and less of the mass-produced culinary lifestyles found in the West. Most girls are placed within the range of 5 - 7 on the rating scale. If you are looking for 8s and 9s, you may have to search the city for quite a while before stumbling across such a girl. However, the French accent is incredibly sexy; so too is the passion that comes with it!
Most girls are approachable if you have the courage to randomly walk up to a girl and compliment her. This is not out of the norm, as women are used to being complimented by their friends, family and sometimes even strangers. Most of the time, it would be completely platonic. The difficulty, therefore, lies in creating a mutual attraction that goes beyond the friendzone.
How to Pick Up Girls
France has a unique culture, one that must be understood before you can jump into the difficult task of picking up girls. To be honest, getting laid in France is going to require lots of work. It is a difficult task. Most girls, and obviously there are exceptions, have the view that sex is for a long-term romantic relationship. Obviously, it is difficult to simulate this as an expat - especially when you have just a few weeks in the country. French girls love to be chased. The passion and perseverance are necessary in order to have any sort of romantic success. Thus, you will have to bring your A game to France, as any girl will expect nothing but the best from you. If you play your cards right, you may stand a small chance of hooking up.
Tips for Daytime
Paris is a great place during the day, magical actually. There are so many things to do and attractions to visit that you should expect to mingle with lots of people when you are out and about. As Paris is an international tourist attraction, you can find both local girls and expat women to talk to. Thus, there are two types of gaming to follow during the day, different strategies for locals versus visitors.
- Locals: Parisian girls are friendly and they reward the guy who has the courage to approach them with a polite and engaging conversation. The best route is to take some time to learn a few French words and phrases. Many of the girls find this effort to be cute. Add an accent and it works its magic.
You may think that local girls are always the best option - it is the city of love, right? The opposite can sometimes be true, as there are a few negative aspects when targeting local girls. The local girls are pretty, but hardly ever stunningly so. You will have to work quite hard to find a 7 or above. Moreover, the friendliness of the local girls can sometimes be a hindrance - believe it or not. Most of the girls are used to men showering them with affection in a platonic manner; thus, it is normal for a women to go out for coffee or a meal with a male friend. This blurs the line between the romantic and pure friendliness. As a visitor looking to get laid, you may struggle with how long the process takes. One girl can keep you on the hunt for weeks with endless dates and activities before she engages in any sort of physical contact. Furthermore, the competition is tough. French men have a natural romance about them; they speak with confidence and are not afraid to air on the side of being expressive with any girl who strikes their fancy. Moreover, unlike you, they are also willing to play the long game.
There are many universities which form the majority of the tertiary educational experience in the city. Even though it does not have the same international attraction as its British competitors, many exchange students frequent them with the hopes of enriching their careers in the arts. Thus, most of the students are French - and you may find students to be more adventurous than older generations. You can visit the campuses themselves or enjoy a meal at a café close by. However, universities are a great way to grow your network by day. Some of them are:
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- University of Paris
- Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University
- Foreigners: The foreign girl in Paris is not that different to you. She, is probably on holiday hoping to see a few famous attractions; the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre and a bit of Notre Dame (What's left of it). Thus, touristy trips are a great way to meet girls, and you can bank on meeting girls from all over the world, especially in the summer season (June - August).
Foreigners, depending on where they are from, are also more likely to go for the short-term fling idea. You can also try using social media to your advantage, as dating apps such as Tinder allow you to meet people who have similar agendas. Being France, there is no shortage of date locations.
Best Places to Meet Girls
The positive side is that the girls are friendly and approachable. By walking up to a girl and engaging in small talk, you can easily initiate a friendship and even infiltrate friendship groups. The best places to go to would be popular locations such as malls, train stations and even the university. They are listed below.
- Les Galeries Lafayette
- Rue Beaugrenelle
- Le Carrasoul de Louvre
These are the most popular locations, and you will find plenty of local women to talk to. You can try visiting a café and chatting to someone next to you or simply walking around and testing your luck with girls walking by.
- American University Paris
- Paris Sciences et Lettres Research University
Moreover, you can almost always bank on the many tourist attractions as a good meeting place. Places and tours that take you through:
- The Louvre
- The Palace of Versailles
- Eiffel Tower
- Jardin André Citroën
Tips for Nighttime
Girls are best approached with a friendly let's-just-get-to-know-each-other mindset. You will find most of the girls are naturally friendly; thus you shouldn't struggle to make friends. You should try and assimilate into the Parisian dress code. It feels more natural to the rest of the population - besides, it is comfortable and trendy.
The chances of hooking up at night time are very good in the country of France. Not only are the women horny, but they are also ready to experiment with tourists and things can get wild pretty quickly. You shall have to play your cards right and then wait for the action to unfold, you might be put in a situation where you will find it difficult to keep up with the woman.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
Paris has a range of really upbeat nightclubs. There is always a booming dance floor with plenty of keen attendees and DJs for every mood. You can find these clubs in empty warehouses, makeshift music venues and state-of-the-art dance arenas in the most upmarket districts. Even though Paris is always ready with a few choice venues, there are a few which stand out as the best place to hook up with a girl. Try the following nightclubs to find the best Parisian beauties:
- La Bellevilloise - Located close to the Menilmontant Station, this club is always busy come the weekend. Visitors should expect a highly cultured venue which showcases art and contemporary culture. It is further enhanced with an indie flair which attracts people from all over the globe.
- La Java - A modern club which has found its way to the top of the Parisian alternative culture - and for good reason! They offer the best underground DJs and it is always a great place to frequent if you are keen on discovering new sounds and unhinged talent. The comfortable surrounds make it a great place to meet girls, and perhaps lounge about over drinks.
- Supersonic - Famous for its happy hour specials which reward thirsty ravers with beers at $4, Supersonic is a mainstay of the Parisian nightlife. It is nestled in an abandoned warehouse, where the moonlight merges with the purple lights and décor. Expect bouncing house music and a fine selection of girls to chat up throughout the evening.
- Wanderlust - Paris's favourite super club. It is open 24 hours a day, as it houses fashion and design concepts during the day. By night, the place transforms into a booming amphitheatre of breath-taking EDM. Naturally, it has a high student following, as the strobe-lit dance floor will show you.
- Les Bus Palladium - If Rock is your idea of a good night, this club has you covered. In fact, it has been hosting the best rock musicians since the sixties - with the likes of Mick Jagger and Eddy Mitchell on the list of performers. Furthermore, there is also an electro dance floor and a hip-hop section further out. It is one of the most history rich clubs and one of the best for gaming.
- The Rex Club - The best electro and house club - hands down! If dancing and a good vibe is what you are after, this club is the perfect venue to keep you moving until early hours of the morning. They host fantastic DJs, a world class sound system, lighting to match and a faithful crowd. Expect lots of girls, shots and drops!
- Boum Boum - Picture a rave and a half with an upmarket twist. Boum Boum is located in the heart of the Parisian fashion and luxury shopping district. Naturally, it attracts the chic and trendy. There are a fair few events at Boum Boum, so always keep your dancing shoes close by. Also, the prettiness of women goes up quite a bit compared to the average girl at other clubs.
The nightlife in Paris is really good, and you can find a club to suit nearly every music taste. With that being said, it is not as lively as London or Ibiza which are both a train ride away. It remains good without being totally breath taking. The girls are undoubtedly more keen on hook-ups in clubs, so that is one plus if you are trying to get the French lag on your tally list. However, they still require a lot of work to go from dance floor to bedroom.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
If you are looking for older women, you may have some luck online, It is not that easy to find a milf or mature women by going to the mall or another popular venue. It is quite a niche part of the culture and you should not bet all of your chances on finding one. However, try setting your age range a bit higher on popular dating apps.
When visiting Paris, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Paris and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
If there was ever a city with a wealth of splendid date ideas and activities, Paris has the monopoly. It offers amazing views, romantic pastimes and some of the most spectacular architectural marvels the world has to offer. It isn’t called the city of love for nothing. Something as simple as a walk can be a romantic adventure, so simply head outdoors and try a few of the following ideas.
Note: For the first date, just head to a local café. Enjoy getting to know her over coffee. Appear interested in who she is as a person and take the time to build trust. Despite France’s reputation as a conservative and slow-burning romantic nation, 25% of a sample group (chosen to represent all of French women) admitted that they would have sex on a first date of the conditions were right. You could be that lucky guy!
If you really want to blow her socks off, try a few of the following ideas:
- Journey to the Island of the Temple of Love – This magical Island is moated by a still lake and fantastic natural scenery. The boat ride should be enough to get sparks flying, and there is no better way to end the evening off than a kiss in the Temple of Love itself.
- Dinner in a quaint alley – There are a few quite restaurants which offer a delicious menu as well as an excitingly romantic view. The cobble stones combined with the dim light of twilight should bring countless romantic classics to mind. Try Capucine in the city centre.
- Dancing on The Seine – This magical river is the embodiment of natural beauty and tranquility. There are a few bands who play tango music at the mini Amphitheatre along the Seine. The closeness of the bodies to the romantic rhythms of the tango is sure to set the mood.
- Pizza Date - Pizza is a food language everyone has learned to love. French pizza is probably second only to Italy, where the food finds its home. If you visit the Pink Flamingo Pizzeria in Paris, you can dine along the canal and enjoy some of the finest pizza France has to offer. Romance at its finest. You can also try Pizza Pino.
- A Tour of the City in a Vintage Citroen - Citroen is a famous French motorcar brand. The original cars are cozy little cabs that can be hired for a date. It is quite a novel way to explore the city, and girls will love it – especially if paired with a stop at a little café and a dash of chivalry.
- A Walk Around The Cemetery – While this sounds like something out of a horror movie rather than a romantic endeavor, you should know to trust the city of love to turn a graveyard into a place of endless romance. Pere Lachais is the city’s biggest cemetery, and it has lots to explore.
France as whole is quite slow in its pace. This can be seen in its artisanal foods, its careful craft of fashion and even in its romantic culture. As an expat, it is difficult to fit into the long-term commitment of gaming. Fortunately, online dating apps provide the perfect bridge between you and the local French beauties. Think of it as your virtual shortcut to getting laid in France.
- InternationalCupid - Premium international dating site with over 1 million members.
- Tinder is currently the undisputed king of online dating. In the UK, it is probably your biggest chance of getting laid quickly. You will want to introduce yourself as a foreigner and use the most outgoing pictures of yourself possible. Also, don't come across as too uptight. Banter is key!
- Happn works a lot like other dating apps, in that you meet people and have the chance to match with people who share the attraction. However, Happn automatically puts people at the top of the list if you have crossed paths in person - a great feature and a good conversation starter.
- Bumble - it's a lot like Tinder, but it puts a lot of control in the hands of women. It is also quick, as you have to respond in 24 hours or the match is lost. A key difference is that Bumble only allows women to initiate chatting, so this may or may not be your style.
- Zoosk is a popular platform in the Euro region specifically, and it should connect you with a few local girls. There are more than 6 million singles currently online, so it is definitely worth a try.
- Match.com - This is somewhat of an old application, which you may argue has been replaced by the likes of Tinder and Zoosk, but it's still full of opportunity. There are still millions of users on the platform; however, it is time consuming. Try it if you want to, but use more modern applications first.
Instagram is a great place to begin a search for your next sweetheart. There are a few hot girls in Paris, but there are also a few painfully average girls. Filtering them out is crucial. Instagram can help with this, especially if you have worked hard on your profile with lots of pictures which represent you in a flattering way. Use the location settings to find girls in Paris and slide into a few DMs. You never know what it may bring.
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Paris? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
Charismatic, outgoing guys have the best chances, as they are situated to make the most of encounters and meetings. In this way, the network of girls increases and the 'pool of opportunity' only grows wider. However, it would be wrong to leave out the factor of money. Like most of Europe, money talks a great deal. In fact, it is probably one of the more important aspects of attraction. There is tremendous wealth in Paris, so there is a lot of competition. You cannot look washed out when attempting to pickup a girl, nor can you show signs of being poor. Lastly, White and Native Hispanics are probably the most likely to pickup a girl - all else being equal. Third would be black men - mainly because of the relatively large black population, followed by Asians, Arabs and Indians.
Risks while Gaming
There are no real risks in Paris if you have a bit of common sense. Recently, the city has been hit with a rising rate of petty crime - mainly due to the influx of immigrants from Syria and troubled parts of Africa. These people are often struggling through poverty and resort to theft and the drug trade as a means of sustaining themselves. Thus, you should be on the lookout when spending a night out or going around town in unknown areas. Other than that, it's very safe.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
Unfortunately, Paris is not the best city for quick gaming. As stated before, this has a lot to do with the French culture, which encourages a slow build up of romance over time. Thus, it is very difficult to go from a meeting to one or two dates before sex. Instead, you will have to pursue a girl over time and look to win her over with unbreakable persistence and romance. However, there are a few gaps in the system which you could take advantage of. This can be broken into two categories.
- Online Dating: The online dating scene is growing at tremendous pace. It can be seen advertised in sports games, TV and all over the internet. Thus, France is no exception to the rapid growth in recent years. If used correctly, you can try and find girls who are keen on a fling through this niche of social media. Use the mainstream apps for best effect (see the Online Dating section for more).
- Nightclubs: Getting laid quickly in Paris is sometimes as easy as visiting a nightclub. The alcohol, rhythmic music and dark ambience can often accelerate the natural urges of attraction. Visit on of the more prominent clubs and try chatting up a few girls. If you persist, the chances are that you may get laid. Remember to use a condom at all times.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
The Sugar Baby scene in Paris is still quite new but there are a lot of beautiful young girls looking for a Sugar Daddy. The best and safest way to hook up with a Sugar Baby is online. At SecretBenefits.com there is a wide selection of nice girls who are looking for an older guy to take care of them. These babes are easy to approach and you can settle everything before meeting up.
Anyone can be a sugar daddy. Just create your free account at SecretBenefits and start enjoying the wide selection of Sugar Babies available.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
Paris is a great city for a number of reasons. One of those is the swinging culture that the city has to offer. If not the best, Paris is definitely in the top ten cities if you consider it in light of the swinging scene. It is also worth noting that there are many swinger clubs on offer, giving visitors a fine selection from which to choose.
The public swinging scene is pretty big, but the private version is even larger. All of the best opportunities are behind private doors, so networking is a must if you want to experience the best of France's lively swinging scene. The best place to start is at a popular swinger club and to work your way from there.
Best Swinger clubs:
- Les Chandelles
- Les Chateau
- Le We Club
- Le Baron
- Rituel Foch
- Le Mask
Note: While the parties are spectacular, entry is as much about status as anything else. As a male, it can be difficult to walk in. Most of the club members are extremely wealthy, which means that they pay a hefty fee for entry. If you do not have the cash, you may struggle unless you are invited by someone who does.
Tips for entry: Ensure that you are well dressed, groomed and that you at least have an appearance of importance. Also, you should expect to pay at least $100 for entrance, and that does not include the price of drinks and other consumables inside.
Costs of Living
Paris is a really expensive city to visit. Most of the food is artisanal, and the cost of labour is through the roof. Real estate in the city is somewhat in high demand; therefore, prices are subject to surges during certain parts of the year. This is in addition to already exorbitant accommodation prices. If you are looking to go for a budget trip, Paris is probably not the best location to visit. There are ways to lessen the cost, but it will be difficult to survive for less than $100 a day – and that is just surviving.
Backpacking is not cost efficient in France. Most backpackers and hostels will ask for $30 - $50 per night. The cheaper hotels are around $100. They aren’t too bad if you plan on being out most of the day, and they usually come with a breakfast option included. This saves you a bit of money. Mid-market hotels are around the $200 mark. The five-star experience starts at around $300. However, it does extend to more than $2500 in some of the premium hotels’ more expensive suites.
Alcohol, like most other consumable goods, is expensive. If you buy a beer from a grocery store, you should expect to pay no less than $2 for a local brew. Imported varieties are even more expensive, and they range from $6 – around $7.
Clubs and bars take full advantage of the captive market, charging a small fortune for any alcoholic experience. Paying $10 for a beer is not unheard of – and prices can be even worse depending on the establishment you visit. Restaurants also charge a fair amount, but mostly pair their meals with wine.
The local cuisine is spectacular – well worth the extra costs. You can easily spend over $20 on a meal from a café and not feel ripped off at all. However, those seeking a budget option can get a $7 sandwich for lunch or dinner. A coffee will be around $2. All in all, you will need $30 per day to pay for food. On the other hand, there are many Michelin star restaurants which charge over $300 for a multi-course meal. To put things into perspective, a Big Mac is just under $5 and a Big Mac meal is over $8.
The first thing which most visitors have to stomach is the really expensive cost of staying in Paris. There are a great many luxurious ways to spend the night in the city; however, most cots a fortune and the cheaper ones are usually booked up in advance. At the very least, budget on $30-40 per night for accommodation just in case.
If you are going for a hotel in the city centre, things can get really expensive. Many of the 5-star options start at around $300; furthermore, some hotels charge as much as $1000. There is no doubt that Paris is exorbitant, especially because you still have to spend a small fortune on meals during the day. Other hotels in the mid-market range are around $150 - $250. These are comfortable, but not spectacular. Sometimes you can find a cosy spot close to all of the action, but you will have to book in advance.
Airbnb is fantastic, as the real magic of Paris is found in living the lifestyle of a local: eating their food, visiting their restaurants and walking their parks and streets. There are some great bnbs on the site, so be on the lookout for anything within the $100 - $200 range. Neighbourhoods such as Montmartre, South Pigalle and Menilmontant come highly recommended.
Hostels are also available throughout the city. They are compacted in the city centre, close to most of the night life and student-type districts. If you want to go the hostel route, you can find one for $30 on the cheaper side of things.
How to Get There and Move Around
By air: The airport in Paris which is called Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport services most of the central France region. It has everything to make it a world class facility, including great dining and refreshment options, transportation means to get you anywhere you need. This includes access to the metro. Moreover the many millions of passengers that the airport serves each year is a testament to its comfortable functionality.
By bus: The bus and metro are controlled by one company. This allows visitors to use both the bus and metro in conjunction in order to access all corners of the city with minimal cost. The bus route is quite comprehensive and you can get to most regions with the bus during the day. However, come nightfall, the bus system does shut down at 10:30pm. Thus, the metro is probably not the best bet if you are going partying or exploring the Parisian night life. The system reopens at 5:30 am in the morning.
By car: Car rides can get expensive, especially if you use a taxi to get around. The language barrier with taxis is not too great, as most of them can speak a level of broken English. Thus you can get around without much hassle.
Uber is available. It does get a bit pricy. Compared to the metro or bus system, it can be up to ten times more exorbitant. Uber has a minimum fee of $7; however, you are more likely to pay around $20 for a trip on average.
You can rent a car, but it is expensive. Most rentals start at around $1000. You also need a deposit, so the costs associated with rentals do not really outweigh the use of an Uber in combination with the bus and metro system. Unless you really have the need to travel in style, rather avoid car rentals.
By train: The metro system in France is fantastic, which is partly due to the many privately-owned train companies who provide consistent trips to all over France and Europe. If you are traveling in and around Paris, a ticket will be no more than $2.50. The system takes you to all corners of the city, so you can bank on the train until after 10 pm. If you really need to hone down a location, try taking the bus straight after. The process is seamless.
By boat: Boats are available. They are not the usual trip around the ocean, as you would think; however, there are river gondolas, which take tourists and romantic couples up and down river through the heart of Paris. These are expensive and are targeted at tourists, so expect that type of pricing.
Visas: The French visa must be obtained before one can visit the country. However, this does not apply for countries within the EU and the UK. The USA is also another country which doesn't need a visa, bar extreme circumstances. Most of South America is allowed on a 30-day free entry. If your country does not fit within one of these categories, contact the local French authorities in your area. Local embassies issue visas to persons without major threat concerns. Lately, France has also opened its borders to former African colonies. This is another method of entry.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
Paris is a really expensive place to live in. This becomes a lot more apparent as you arrive and knuckle down for a few days. Going out is fun, but you can easily spend more than $100 just meddling around in the afternoon. As soon as alcohol or food comes about, you are almost assured to leave a lot poorer. With the rapid influx of immigrants into the country over recent years, obtaining a working visa has become even more difficult. The best way to tour the city is to save up beforehand. There aren't many jobs which you can just walk into.
Internet and Mobile Operators
Mobile carrier services are first world in France. The market offers a number of highly-affordable options that target every socio-economic segment. As a foreigner, getting connected to the internet is a must, not only for the purposes of navigation and communication, but also for gaming options such as online dating and social media. It is worth stating that you can just pick up a sim card at the airport as soon as you land. There are a number of cell phone stores, all of which will have all of the major cellular network providers listed below:
- Orange France - A subsidiary of its British brother. Orange has become an international brand, mainly concerned with Europe and Asia. They are probably the best and most reliable network in the market, and their data plans are considered respectable, but not outrageously cheap.
- Boyges Telecom - A local favourite, one which piggybacks off of the other mainstream mobile providers in order to provide a more affordable network service. Their data plans are considered cheaper than most, but you do run the risk of a reduced network range and your call do not have the same priority as an Orange subscriber - for example.
- Free Mobile - The latest trend amongst the younger demographics. Free Mobile offers revolutionary deals such as bundles which allow internet access for free to certain sites, like Facebook, Instagram and the like. They are not the best when it comes to phone calls - quite expensive. However, if you are mainly using data, it is a worthwhile option.
- SFR GSM - Extremely high quality of service. You can expect the best with SFR GSM, as the brand is built on providing exceptional and reliable connections to the corporate world. However, they are also the most expensive network provider in the country. IF you have cash to blow, go for it!
Lastly, the network speed in France is nothing revolutionary. You'll get 3G speed at most. However, public Wi-Fi is commonly available. You can go to any café or mall and find it.
Gambling and Casinos
Paris has a wide variety of gambling options. The age at which persons may consider gambling is 18, and it is the same for most of Europe. Most gambling activities are legal, provided the casino is properly registered and has a license with the government. It is worth noting that sports betting agencies are prohibited by law.
There is a lot of wealth in Paris, which means that the casinos are home to some high stakes. While the gambling industry is not as flashy and grandiose as Monte Carlo, it is still something to behold nonetheless.
Try a few of the following casinos:
- Géant Casino
- Hyper Casino
- You Have Sixty Minutes
- Aviation Club De France
- Casino de Paris
Weed and Drugs
The Parisian drug scene is not anything elaborate. You will find lots of guys on the street in touristy or night club areas selling hash. They are usually Moroccan, Arab or Jamaican; However, these guys are extremely dodgy and will likely scam you out of everything you own. They mostly sell Hash, which is a compound derived from the cannabis plant and smoked in order to get a buzz or high. Sometimes, they sell weed: however the quality is terrible and it is expensive (around $20 per gram).
If you are looking for weed, the best thing to do is to go to a local club and ask someone if they know where to get it. Most of the people will either show you where or politely tell you that they don't use the stuff. There is hardly any risk. Cocaine is as common as sand in the nightclubs. Most of the dealers sell in the clubbing districts, and again you should expect crazy high prices;;;. Along with cocaine comes the usual LSD, Acid, Speed, etc. Anything harder is not really found in Paris, as it usually has to be smuggled into the country.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
The fitness industry is a little more niche in France, as the country does not have the usual American influence attached to their culture. Everything is a lot more artisanal, a motif that extends into all of the culture. Nonetheless, the gyms are usually well attended and you can get a great workout whilst meeting a few girls who are on the same mission. As the culture is naturally bent towards friendly exchanges, you will find that most of the girls are open to being engaged. However, it is a lot more difficult to get from conversation into a romantic mood. Perhaps as her out for coffee or if she could show you around town.
The most popular gyms are listed as follows:
- Gada Fitness
- Club Med Gym
- Gym Suedoise
- Fitness Parc
STDs and HIV
STDs are at a low in the city of Paris, and they have been in the last 50 years. This is, in part, due to the healthcare industry and its excellence, but actually founded on a culture that does not promote unsafe sex or an environment where sexual activity is casually sold. Thus, there are no strip clubs or legal brothels. Even if there was, the cultural shame which underlies these industries is a huge deterrent to most.
Politically, the country has made a few decisions which has directly affected the state of the overall sexual health of the nation. There has been a rapid influx of immigrants from the middle east and Africa. These immigrants carry far higher rates of HIV and STDs than the historic citizens of Paris. Moreover, they do not have the same culture as the domestic one, whch leads to other problems with sexual health. As an expat, the main diseases to watch out for are Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea and of course... HIV (mainly from the immigrants).
If you are concerned that you may have an STD, you can visit one of the many free clinics for testing. If you are struggling to choose between the many clinics on offer, opt for the Red Cross Clinic. It is close to the Louvre. The best time to go is during office hours on a Wednesday, as they usually fit you in without much notice.
Despite what many naysayers might believe, Paris is still a relatively safe city. This does not stop it from being plagued by petty crime, especially pickpocketing, and muggings. Scams, of which there are many, are also prevalent, though the police are slowly cracking down on them. While not common, purse snatchings do happen. Violent crime is rare, but has been on the rise. Watch yourself at ATMs and other places where your cash may be visible. Keep your money and your wallet in your front pockets, and avoid ATMs that are open to the outside, especially at night.
Several of the outer suburbs of the metropolitan area (commonly referred to as the banlieues) such as La Courneuve, Saint-Denis, and Pantin are notoriously dangerous and 'rough' by western standards, and you should be cautious when visiting these places.
The police can be reached by phone by dialing 17. Not all police officers speak English, but those found around touristy areas almost always will. They are usually friendly and perfectly approachable should you have to.