Tokyo dating guide advises how to pick up Japanese girls and how to hookup with local women in Tokyo. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Japanese women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Tokyo, Japan.
Tokyo is a place of great historic significance. The city has been the victim of bombing in World War II, but has become famous for being one of the world's most populous metropolitan areas since. Tokyo is also an extremely efficient environment, where infrastructure is superb and conducive to aiding its impressive economy - one of the economic focal points of the East. As a result, there is plenty of fun to be had in the many districts of the city - lot of pretty girls, too!
- 1 Girls in Tokyo
- 2 Where to Get Sex Now
- 3 How to Pick Up Girls
- 4 Dating
- 5 Top Dating Tips
- 6 Relationships and Love
- 7 Online Dating
- 8 Live Cam Dating
- 9 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 10 Risks while Gaming
- 11 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 12 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 13 BDSM
- 14 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 15 Costs of Living
- 16 Accommodation
- 17 How to Get There and Move Around
- 18 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 19 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 20 Gambling and Casinos
- 21 Weed and Drugs
- 22 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 23 STDs and HIV
- 24 Stay Safe
- 25 See Also
Girls in Tokyo
Japanese girls are generally pretty. You will find some girls who are an exception to this rule, but there are plenty of beauties around. The girls usually have softer features, such as rounder faces, less pronounced cheek bones and really fair skin. You will also come across a few with blue and green eyes.
Like most places, there are good-looking girls and there are also a few extremely average ones. Generally speaking, Japan is well known for being home to some of the prettiest girls in Asia. If you have a thing for Asian girls, then Japan is likely to be heaven - especially because most of the girls have fair skin, and some have big boobs and curvaceous bodies. Japan is definitely a treat.
Most girls are friendly and open to conversation if you catch them at the right time. In contrast, the busyness of the city can make some girls unapproachable, which means that certain girls will flat out reject you a few seconds into a conversation. In a way, it's good, as not many girls will waste your time. It does, at times, come across as a bit rude to visitors.
Where to Get Sex Now
It is easy to get sex online in Tokyo. You just need to find the best available girls. See Girls Online Here!
How to Pick Up Girls
Picking up girls is a matter of charisma in Japan. The polite, overly-cautious man is unlikely to get the really pretty girls. However, if you are willing to muster up the courage to talk to girls whom you find attractive, the chances of getting laid are quite high. At worst, girls will not waste your time; they tell you almost straight away if they are not interested.
Tips for Daytime
The daytime has its own possibilities, especially considering that most Japanese girls are not opposed to being approached by a stranger with romantic interest. This opens up a whole new dimension, as this approach may not be as effective in other countries. Your chances of picking up during the day are largely dependant on the strategies you employ. Area is rarely an issue. If you go to a central hub in most districts of the city, such as a mall or busy restaurant, or even a busy business district, you will find plenty of girls. However, there are a few areas that are better than others.
It's important to remember that Japan has a unique culture, so what works in most countries may not have the same effect in Tokyo. Most girls are open to being approached by a stranger on the street (or in a mall or similar location) but they are unlikely to stop and chat with you for very long. Try and get their number very quickly or be willing to walk a few paces with her. The consistent busyness of the city means that most people do not have the time for random conversations, so be direct and get to the point. Moreover, the sexual undertones that work in most western countries does not go down well in Japan. Most girls will think you are creepy, even if she really likes you.
Pick your locations well, and don't be afraid to just start a conversation.
Japan has so many options available, in terms of activities, sights and women, and the girls are usually forthright with what they want. If they are not interested, you will know very quickly. With that being said, there are so many girls to meet, that your chances are quite high.
Best Places to Meet Girls
Tokyo is large and finding certain spots can sometimes be overwhelming. If you find yourself in a busy district, the simplest answer is usually the best one: simply start with the area in which you find yourself in. You can even begin talking to girls at the airport itself.
Malls are a good place to find girls, especially since most of the people you will come across elsewhere are usually on a mission to complete some sort of task. Therefore, the mall provides a brief break from the busyness of life and girls should be more willing to talk without the worry that you will take time away from an important endeavour. Certain malls are better than others, so try and visit a few of the following:
- Futako-Tamagawa Rise - A new mall that was only completed in 2015. It is a great place to do some shopping, with a great variety of mid to high-end retail stores. There are also a lot of trendy restaurants to cater for every budget. The architecture is great: wide passageways and well-designed levels. Many say that it is the best mall in Tokyo, so it's definitely worth a visit to find a few local hotties.
- Tokyo Solamachi - Anyone visiting Tokyo has to explore the attractions of the Skytree - the tallest building in Japan. It's not only an architectural marvel, but also a host to a massive mall that attracts locals and tourists each day. You will find lots of Japanese and international girls in this location.
- KITTE Marunouchi - A more classical design with lots of entertainment on offer. This mall has it all: a state-of-the-art cinema, lots of retail fun and a thriving restaurant offering. This mall has been a mainstay of the Tokyo culture for quite some time, so it's faithfully attended by lots of girls.
- Omotesando Hills - If you are looking for a neighbourhood that operates as an attractive shopping venue for everyone in the region, then this is the location for you. It's also a great place to find a sugar baby, since they tend to hangout in one of the trendy corners of the mall. The entire neighbourhood is a shopping destination, meaning it's definitely a place to look for a hook-up.
As Mentioned in the "How to get Around" section, the rail system is a core means of transportation in Tokyo. Everyone uses it, which means that the train stations are always full of people - pretty girls included in the mix. Train stations are also malls; they have every shop you can think of and a range of restaurants and cafes, too. Tokyo Station is the best of the lot. You will always find lots of girls to talk to during the day.
Japanese tertiary education is something of great pride. Many people strive to get accepted to the best of universities from an early age. Naturally, this means that there are lots of girls at the universities, so visiting one or two campuses is a viable way to build relationships with girls.
The University of Tokyo is the best-ranked university in the country; therefore, you are likely to find lots of girls who have worked their way to studying at the institution. Often these girls were able to attend international or private schools where English was taught, making conversation a lot easier than in most parts of the country. The university follows an urban structure, so it is embedded into the city itself. This has the benefits of ease of access, but you may also find open spaces to approach a girl difficult to find. Your best bet is to find a mall or popular café nearby. Alternatively, you can try to gain access to one of the many libraries around.
Other notable institutions to visit include:
- Keio University - the second best university in the country, which also attracts a lot of local and international students. There are lots of girls around, so, again, try getting access to a popular venue: restaurants, malls, stores and libraries.
- Waseda University - There are more local girls at the institution, as the university is only an attraction to Japanese students. The English abilities are likely to be less impressive than UTokyo and Keio, but there are still plenty of prospects around.
- Shinjuku is a huge business, commercial, and entertainment center located atop the world's busiest railway station complex. It is also a busy student district with lots of trendy shops and cafes. Here you should find a few interesting girls to mingle with. Importantly, you need to find a measure of common ground in order to successfully pursue a girl. This may simply mean asking her out for a coffee or an ice cream. There are plenty of such stores around.
Tips for Nighttime
Tokyo comes to life at night, with many different attractions, sparkling lights and a busy population that never seems to sleep. As you would expect, the clubs are always full, and there is a scene for every different taste and musical genre. The best places to approach girls at night would be indoors; the parks and outdoor places should have a few people out and about, but malls, clubs, restaurants and bars are more likely to be the host to pretty girls as the evening darkens. Japan also happens to be a unique alcoholic experience, with beers and cocktails that are not easily available in other regions; thus, starting the night out at a chilled bar or lounge is probably the best way to go.
In terms of dress code, you should be able to get into most clubs without any formal wear; however, there are a few clubs that will have a strict guideline concerning attire. You may also have to look out for special events. Sometimes, these events come with unique dress codes and your favourite club may require an alteration in their usual policies. With that being said, you may want to dress up a bit beyond a normal sneakers and t-shirt. In Japan, wealth is everything. It plays the largest role in the way people view you as a person - your intelligence, class and desirability as a potential romantic interest. You may want to break out a really nice cotton shirt paired with suitable trousers and shoes. Anything tattered is likely to get you nowhere quickly.
The nightlife is great in Japan, and the culture really centres around it. As a result, night time is probably your best chance to find a hook-up - even more so if you plan on visiting a bar or club. As stated in other sections, Japanese girls enjoy being approached and they will quickly let you know if they are not interested. Get your dancing shoes or drinking cups ready. You simply have to put yourself out there.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
Tokyo is a huge city with many spots to explore, so many that it would take many years to fully appreciate the vastness of the night life. There are a few areas which you have to check out, just because of historical fame as a clubbing district; however, a few of these have downgraded in recent times and only one or two good clubs remain. Namely, these would be:
- Shinjuku - A really popular district that is home to a few famous clubs. It's a really good area to find a reasonably-priced experience; however, there are a few problems with garbage, pesky immigrants and other sorts of minor issues. The famous Kabukicho entertainment and red-light area is also located in Shinjuku district.
- Kabukicho (located in Shinjuku district) - Similar to Roppongi, except for the fact that this neighbourhood has been a local favourite for some time and is often hidden from most tourists. It's a good place to party, but there are a few issues with petty crime - mostly drug dealing and the occasional rowdy drunk. You will have to be alert, as there are a few Nigerians who look to take advantage of tourists who have one too many to drink. However, it's a great place to unwind and interact with people from many different parts of Europe, the Americas and Japanese locals. There is also a red-light district in Kabukicho, so make sure that the girl of your interest is not a sex worker. Usually the sex workers are working in brothels though, known as soaplands or pink salons.
- Roppongi - Historically a haven for international visitors, this district has become a haven for drugs and gang-related activity. You will also find lots of immigrants, pickpockets and scam artists who prey on unsuspecting tourists. Despite this, the district still has lots of fun in hand, and it's a great clubbing experience if one in groups.
A few up-and-coming areas that you have to try during your visit to Tokyo would be:
- Shibuya - A student area where you can find every genre and club type imaginable. There are also lots of attractive students who have better English abilities than most. This has also become one of the more renowned clubbing regions in the up-and-coming section.
- Ginza - A little bit different kind of nightlife area. If you like to avoid tourists, expats and youngsters, this is a good option to visit. However, the nightlife here is not that crazy or noisy than in some other parts of the city. A famous upscale nightclub Genius is located in Ginza district.
There are a few clubs that one has to visit, regardless of any other interesting spots in the city. These clubs have been a staple of Tokyo's partying scene and they demand at least one visit:
- Genius - A club with a level of sophistication, located in Ginza. Dust off the blazer and put on your leather shoes, as this club requires a formal dress code and a level of etiquette. The music is always good, and the girls are a lovely sight - definitely worth the visit.
- AgeHa (also known as Studio Coast) - With over 5000 people in attendance each night, AgeHa is one of the cornerstones of the nightclub scene. There are a few bars and lounges as well as thumping EDM anthems on the dance floors. It really is Tokyo pulling out all of the stops. The nightclub is located in Tokyo's Bay Area Shin Kiba.
- Womb - the perfect place for the connoisseurs of true dance music, located in Shibuya. Womb is an EDM haven loved by locals, tourists and many famous DJs. The sound system is world class and they always seem to have an impressive DJ behind it all, so there is never a dull moment.
- VISION - this underground club, based in Shibuya, is a shrine to the many genres of dance music. The party continues until early hours of the morning. There are also plenty of student-aged girls who are keen on meeting new people and experiencing life. Being a visitor may just be the edge you need.
- Feria - located in Rappongi, this club is loved by locals and foreigners alike. It is unique in its structure, with multiple levels that include different facets of dance music, including EDM, R&B and Hip Hop. There is even a rooftop area where you can enjoy a romantic view of Tokyo at night.
The sheer size of Tokyo and the many places to visit result in a spectacular night out. There are a number of bars, lounges clubs and even restaurants available for you to thoroughly enjoy yourself. Moreover, there are a great number of girls; they are mostly easy going and you can get laid if you are willing to put yourself out there and have a good time. The only detractors would be price: sometimes alcohol and entrance fees are a bit steep, depending on where you go. Continuing from there, the places that are a bit cheaper come with petty crime and a few scam artists - particularly West African immigrants who wait for drunk foreigners. Other than that, your experience is likely to be outstanding.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
Tokyo operates on the foundation of a thriving economy; thus, there are many older women - often wealthy mature ladies - who focus primarily on their careers. These women are often on the lookout for a hook-up with a young student or even foreign visitors. Caucasian men are often of particular interest when it comes to hook-ups, Latinos, too.
When visiting Tokyo, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Tokyo and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
Dates in Japan can be as interesting as you want. The sheer size and pace of the city allows for near endless possibilities to explore. Moreover, your choice of date might also choose on the type of girl you ask out. In Japan, there are three main categories of girls.
The first type is usually from a middle or upper class family, someone who studies (or has studied) hard at university and enters the economy with a good job and socio-economic placing. Many of these girls are quite attractive. You are almost guaranteed beauty and sparkling conversations that stems from intelligence and a better understanding of English than most of the population; however, you will also have to put in more effort for dates, which does become pricy. Most of these girls will have a few Japanese men on their list, so you may have to go over the top.
The second type of girl is usually very pretty. These girls use their beauty as a means to finding men who are well off financially, or for a good time here and there. Often, this will come at the price of leaving university to pursue mediocre positions, and some of these girls get trapped in taboo industries such as "massage parlours" and the hostesses in nightlife industry; some even go into prostitution. You may classify some of these girls as gold diggers, who look to foreigners for financial gain in exchange for a few dates or hook-ups, but some are genuine and are just out for a good time. These girls tend to be quite pretty, so it is a good option, and date ideas need not be too extravagant unless you have actually found a gold digger.
Lastly, you may also find some girls from more rural parts of Japan. They are poorer and somewhat more plain when compared to the glamour of the city life. You will often find these girls working around at mediocre jobs, such as grocery stores, restaurants and karaoke outlets. These girls generally have no prospect of self progression. Getting a date with such a girl may prove difficult because of language barriers, but it also requires the least financial outlay, as something as simple as ten pin bowling would suffice.
If you need a few date ideas to get things started, here are ten date ideas to help you get laid in Tokyo (however, remember to pair your date well with the type of girl you ask out; otherwise, you may walk away empty handed):
- Anata no Warehouse - Located just 30 minutes away from Tokyo Station, this arcade is unlike anything you have ever seen. Its design is based on the ghettos of Hong Kong back in the 1970s, which was renowned for brothels, gambling dens and criminal activity. The atmosphere is unique and intriguing, and the games will keep you entertained for hours.
- Brasserie Kyushoku Toban - If restaurants are your go to option, you may want to consider wooing your date with this nostalgic establishment. They serve traditional Japanese food with a twist - it's all the foods that Japanese children were fed in school, taken to a gourmet level, of course.
- Zauo Fishing Restaurant - If you are a bit adventurous, then this is the place for you. It's a restaurant where you have to catch your own fish before it is expertly prepared by the chefs in the kitchen. This is either a really cool ice breaker or a recipe for disaster; nonetheless, it's a difference from the cliché dinner and movie.
- Sanrio Puroland - Hello Kitty is the product of Japan, and a number of other characters have been developed from the Kawaii culture. A visit to the original sites is a cute pastime and a great way to spend a few hours getting increasingly intimate with a girl.
- The Planetarium Bar - There is something about the stars that simply spell romance. Combine it with a few drinks and you have a concoction that is sure to lead to something more. The Planetarium Bar is the perfect date idea, whether to kick off a night of clubbing or ending a dinner date before heading back to your place.
- Komogata Dojo - Go back in time, a visit to Old Edo through a culinary experience at the Komogata Dojo. The cuisine is peasant food from centuries ago, obviously done with a few tweaks to make it more than pleasant.
- Buddha Bellies - There is something romantic about food; it provides a connection and a medium for conversation no mater where you are in the world. Buddha Bellies offers clients the opportunity to learn how to prepare traditional Japanese meals with culinary skill. It's a great couple's activity, so keep it high on your list of date ideas.
- Bali An Hotel and Resort - Shinjuku is home to a slice of Bali in Tokyo. The resort gives you the perfect tropical experience while having all the comforts of a first-world city close by. It's definitely worth stopping by for a meal or perhaps staying a few nights if things get heated.
- Alcatraz ER - a thrilling experience for any horror fan. Alcatraz ER is a café intended to simulate the famous prison, which provides a sense of suspense-filled entertainment while you grab a quick bite.
- Meguro Parasitological Museum - For those interested in biology and the field of parasites, this museum is one of a kind. It offers hours of scientific exploration in the weird manner Japan has become infamous for. Pair with a dinner and something trivially fun, and you should be on your way to getting laid.
Relationships and Love
Thousands of single women in Tokyo are searching for a partner and potential future husband. Check out an ultimate guide for dating local girls, relationships, love and marriage: Relationship & Love Guide to Tokyo
In times past, Japan had a massive stigma against dating apps. Hardly anyone would admit to being on the platform; however, this has changed as the climate continues to develop technologically and the next generations take centre stage in the affairs of the nation. It is still not as popular as the rest of the world, as there have been many scams in the industry. This started in the 1990s, when a popular dating site charged men a fee to talk to attractive women over a call. It soon came out that some women were less than attractive and a few were not women. As recent as 2015, there were several applications shut down due to catfishing operations. The result is a choice of only four mainstream apps for the best result. These are highly trusted, and you should find a date in no time!
- Tinder - This platform will be a staple wherever you go, so it should already be on your phone when you arrive. The intuitive design of the interface has forged a niche for Tinder in Japanese culture. Moreover, there are a few Japanese girls who use the app with the intention of finding a foreign - particularly western - date. Tinder is also probably one of the better apps to look for a hook-up; some of the dating apps in Japan are used for more long-term relationships and are, therefore, not as effective when you are looking to get laid quickly.
- Omiai - This app offers users the ability to choose between short-term and long-term relationships. With a substantial number of people on the platform, it provides an exciting opportunity to meet plenty of local girls. The downside is that the English levels are likely to be poor or non-existent; however, you will find some girls who are able to communicate.
- Tapple - Tapple is a great selection if you are into local girls and you want nothing more than a short-term fling. It can get annoying, as you are required to pay before you can chat to the girls; however, signing up to browse through the availability is free. One of the great things about the app is that it allows you to search by category, meaning that you will find people with similar interests.
- Pairs - Pairs is a relatively new entrant into the market, but there are a few factors that make opening a Pairs account worthwhile. Firstly, the app is well designed, with a variety of features that add simplicity. It allows you to choose from a wide selection of women in a short space of time - much like Tinder. Secondly, the company has devoted a large budget towards marketing, which has resulted in adverts and loud campaigns in all corners of the web. Lastly, the intention of the application is one that seeks to attract women who are looking to find a romantic involvement - not the other way around.
Prostitution is illegal in Japan, but much like the rest of Asia, the enforcement of the law leaves a lot of leeway for people to get away with things. Also, prostitution is only defined as payment for vaginal intercourse, so you will find a lot of sex workers offering oral sex on dating apps. Sex workers are usually easy to spot after a few questions. The first warning sign is that they will not have a career or any form of progression towards it, such as university or a job. They will be overly flirtatious and they may disguise themselves as offering another service: delivery or a massage is one example.
Transgenders are also another danger. Japanese men have softer features - round faces and a not-so-square jaw and cheekbone structure. This makes it difficult to tell whether the person is actually female, especially over a cell phone screen. The important thing is to be wary. Use conversation wisely and avoid anyone with a suspicious story. Excess makeup is another giveaway. Although it is not as common as places such as Thailand and Indonesia, the risks are still there.
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Tokyo? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
Money is one of the most important factors in Tokyo. Japan as a whole is a country that places tremendous value on financial status, as it proves one's intelligence, ability to work hard and it gives a lot of potential for the future. The onus also rests primarily on men to produce the funds to provide for women and children; thus, money is a big social cue that naturally separates people in a very classist manner. Japanese girls are brought up to see their partner as a means to prosperity, which naturally equates to not getting romantically involved with anyone lower in socio-economic stature - most of the time. If you have money and you have the means to offer a girl a good time for as long as you want to hook-up, your chances of getting laid will increase dramatically.
Risks while Gaming
Japan is renowned for its efficiency, which leads to a few comforts that are not always present in the rest of the world. Excellent policing is a plus when you are out and about in Japan, so there is no real concern about physical safety. With that being said, the same rules apply in Tokyo as with the rest of the world: don’t leave valuables unattended and make sure you stay aware of any potential dangers. If you are capable of satisfying these factors, your gaming in Tokyo should be hassle free, crime-wise.
There are potential risks that come with Asia as a continent, one of them being the presence of transgenders posing as real females. They can be difficult to spot, especially because the Japanese men can come across as feminine if they do not differentiate themselves with clothing, hairstyles and like. If you are suspicious about a girl you are talking to, take note of a few details: does any part of her body look altered, is her voice on the deeper side and is she overly flirtatious?
Sex workers are also a risk in Tokyo. Even though prostitution is illegal, it is still easily found throughout the city. In fact, there is a designated Red Light District (see the Accommodation section for more). These sex workers will front themselves as massage parlors and legitimate businesses in order to go under the radar of the law. Tokyo also has “delivery services”, where companies send a female to your residence or place of accommodation under the pretense of delivering some sort of package. It is important to avoid all of these, as they can get you into a lot of trouble if you do not stay vigilant.
Japan is renowned for scams, often done by highly-convincing individuals. Girls are often the tool used to con foreigners out of large sums of money. This can increase as the time goes by, as western foreigners may find it more difficult to spot the warning signs that accompany a scam. If there is any sum of money involved, you may want to increase your levels of caution. Some girls will try and keep the scam running for periods that exceed your stay in the country; some are even professional scam artists who live on the dishonesty and gullibility of their victims.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
There are a number of ways to get laid which you could try. Obviously, some are more effective than others, but you may want to try a variety of techniques, especially considering that English is not the native language in Japan. Taking that into account, there are a few other factors which you may want to consider, as will be explained below.
In the current era, technology is obviously a good place to start; thus, internet dating applications and websites should not be ignored when you are looking to meet for a hookup. These provide you with a wide range of girls to chat up, and it filters out most of the mismatches somewhat accurately, so there is a good chance of you meeting someone for a date. Online dating has a few key benefits in Japanese culture. Firstly, it bridges the gap between the busyness of the Tokyo climate and the need for romantic interaction. When trying to pick up girls in person, you may find this to be a harsh truth: girls are busy – or at least the pretty ones. On a negative note, dating apps are still something of a taboo in the culture, which means not as many people are on platforms such as Tinder when put in the same context as a western country. There have also been many scams associated with the online dating industry, so there are a few negative connotations associated with the industry. If you are seeking to use this as an option, try the following apps:
Night clubs are always a staple option for hookups, and they provide a break from the busy pace of the Tokyo city life. The clubs themselves are impressive, with thumping EDM anthems, multiple dance floors and flowing alcohol until the early morning. There are plenty of good-looking Japanese girls roaming around at night, so there is plenty of opportunity for hookups. Importantly, there are a few differences to watch out for between Japanese pickups and most other countries. In most clubbing environments, you would wait until the club closes to take a girl home; however, if you try this in Tokyo, the girl is going to go home with her friends at the end of the night. Make sure that you make your move ¾ way through the night and not as a last resort. She may come up with certain obstacles that mainly revolve around logistics, but if you are able to solve these challenges then you are well on your way to getting laid. Depending on the class of the girl herself (determined by the level of wealth) you may need to have a hotel ready; some are satisfied with cheaper accommodation like a hostel. For information on the best clubs to go to, see the “Nightlife” section.
The “cold approach” is also a viable option in Tokyo. There are a large number of girls around in malls and other places that simply require you to approach them to start a conversation. While this may seem somewhat strange to some, it is a great tactic, as most Japanese girls love the effort. The ones that are not interested will tell you straight away. It’s important to remember that the culture is one of an extremely fast pace, so you may have to walk alongside the girl instead of stopping her in the street. Keep the conversation light and friendly. The Japanese culture is not as sexually orientated as most western ones, so you may have to use a little more tact in the way you approach girls. Innuendos and sexual references may be normal in other countries, but it will come across as extremely crude and ‘over-the-top’ in Tokyo. For a more effective way to approach girls, you will want to attempt more normal conversations. Get to know her by sharing in an exchange of dialogue throughout the day. Also, save physical contact for private locations. Public displays of affection are likely to make the girl uncomfortable and leave you without a date at the end of the day. If you do get to the level of physical contact, keep it light and save it for your or her place.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
Tokyo is full of hot girls looking for a mutually beneficial hookup with travellers. There are lots of girls who don’t charge by the hour but who will do anything for a guy who is willing to help them pay their bills. If you are looking for a more personal and less transactional alternative to escorts, a good place to find these sexy open-minded girls in Tokyo is SecretBenefits.
Japan is a country where economics matter a lot. In a lot of ways, the culture is extremely traditional: the man will go out and work for an income upon which the family builds a life. While this is not an uncommon way of life to western countries, whose systems were not dissimilar until the 20th century, there are a few key differences that make gold diggers a high percentage of the population.
Girls will often try and find out which part of the socio-economic system you fit into. This leads to questions about work, qualifications, assets and the like. You will also be judged based on attire (the amount of high-end retail stores in Tokyo is quite impressive), so make sure you dress well. Foreign Caucasians are often viewed with increased attraction, as the Japanese see them as wealthier individuals - it's a very historic phenomenon that goes as far back as the British invasion of Japan.
If you have some cash, then Tokyo is a very good place to attract gold diggers - just because the culture is kinder to people with money. You may want to try looking out for girls at shopping malls, state parks and maybe engage in conversation with an employee or two at places where you visit.
Interesting Fact: The Japanese culture is built on men who are extremely career orientated. It is a point of extreme pride, and inversely, drastic shame should things go wrong with employment. It is such a point of shame that Japanese men will never admit to being unemployed. Post employment, they will simply go out during working hours and return to their family at the usual time. This is to avoid the shame involved with unemployment.
Looking for a new bondage partner while traveling? ALT.com is a community of like-minded people with members around the globe. Our members are interested in submissive sex, power exchange, locating persons for new slave roles, erotic BDSM, bondage & fetish sex, as well as live sex dates. Find thousands of play partners for whatever your fetish may be; bondage, foot, cockold, spankings, role-play, electric or water play, sadism and masochism all while traveling in Tokyo.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
Tokyo may come across as a reserved and extremely sexless society, but once you dig a little deeper, there are plenty of weird and wonderful things happening behind the scenes. With that being said, visitors will struggle to gain access to swinging clubs and parties in Tokyo. You will simply be refused entry at the door. There are two main reasons for this:
1) Language barriers - You will not be able to understand the rules of the club, nor will you be able to talk to anyone inside. Clubs are strict in the way they control this variable.
2) Cultural Differences - Much of the adult industry is near hostile towards foreigners. This is not without reason, as some of the foreigners are unaware of Japanese customs. People are often disrespected by foreigners, especially after a few drinks.
If you are interested in getting involved in the swinging scene in Japan, your best chance is to get in touch with a fellow swinger online. You can try Tokyoswingers.com for a start.
Costs of Living
Tokyo is infamous for expensive living costs, especially when it comes to food and accommodation. There is lots to do and if you have the budget to eat out at fancy restaurants and stay in luxury hotels, then you won't be disappointed. On the contrary, there are still ways to live on a meagre budget. You may have to forgo certain luxuries, but most of the attractions are free.
Accommodation can get expensive - really expensive. For those who are looking to stay in a luxury suite at the Peninsula Hotel Tokyo, it could cost as much as $8000 per night. While this is extremely expensive, most luxury hotels have standard rooms that start from $600. Food adds to the equation, as one can easily spend a small fortune on the many fine dining options available - Japan is a culinary capital after all. By the time, you have spent money on food, transport, alcohol and a few sights, it's not difficult to spend $1200 per day in Tokyo.
On the other end of the scale, the hostels and other options on Airbnb allow you to spend less than $30 per night on accommodation. Food probably holds the second biggest saving opportunity, as you can find meals for as little as $10 if you know where to go. You will probably need another $20 for the metro, which will leave you spending around $60-$70 per day.
As stated before, the premium hotels can get rather pricy - some charge up to $10,000 per night. Their limousine transportation fees are also pretty hefty. The Peninsula, for example, charges $600 for an airport trip in a Rolls Royce limousine. Generally, 5-star hotels are accessible for about $400. If you want to get a mid-market hotel, you can easily find a relatively nice place to rest your head for $200. On the cheaper side of things, hostels offer you a great way to meet others whilst saving bit of cash. You should budget around $30-$40 for a hostel.
Surprisingly, alcohol is not that expensive in Japan - obviously this is dependant upon which brand you purchase and where you buy it from. If you purchase a beer from a grocery store, it will cost you as little as $2.30 and a maximum price of $4 is to be expected.
Alcohol can get pricy if you venture into a restaurant, bar or club. You should budget for at least $10 for a beer - and even more for the expensive brands and craft beers. These may set you back as much as $15 for a pint (450ml) at a bar.
Food is generally expensive. The best budget option is to eat the establishments where the local working class eat their meals, as these are not that costly in comparison with the rest of Tokyo. You will find noodle and rice-based dishes to be the most economical and filling, too. These meals cost around $10. Surprisingly, a Big Mac is just over $3, which is a great shock considering the usual price of fast food in Tokyo. It is not unusual to spend around $50 for a meal at a fast food chain.
Restaurants, in particular, can get expensive; however, they still vary in price. Mid-ranged restaurants will offer you an excellent meal that is fresh, authentic and sparkling with flavour for around $80. If you want to spend a little more, you can get a multi-course meal at a fine dining establishment for in excess of $150.
Finding a place to stay in Tokyo can be a daunting experience, as the sheer size of the busy metropolis is enough to cause confusion for any visitor. There are 20 district wards in the city, and your experience is likely to change depending on which one you choose. As a first rule, you want to be somewhere near to a train station, as taxis and Ubers are extremely expensive. Secondly, you also want to be close to shopping centres and mall, as most of the restaurants and lifestyle options centre around these. If you can, parks are also good places to visit; they are almost always full of activity and they also double as a good place to meet girls. With all of that being said, here are a few good places in which to stay.
- Shibuya - A place that is home to lots of students, Shibuya is colourful and busy. Moreover, it is close to a major train station with plenty of parks to match. Shibuya is always full of energy, no matter the time of the day. It also turns into a magical world at night: there is ten pin bowling, karaoke, busy shopping malls and massive night clubs to party the night away. Everything worthwhile is within walking distance from the train station, so it's definitely a good base.
- Tokyo Disney Resort - Although this is primarily for kids, the resort is a tourist attraction that pulls people from all over the world. There are likely to be plenty of foreign girls from Asia and Europe, especially. Stemming from there, you will also be close to the theme park and the hotels are not that much more expensive than a usual room elsewhere; however, they are almost double in size and they allow you anytime access to the theme park.
- Shinjuku is another district that is popular with locals mostly. It is also the setting for the red light district, which comes with the usual pros and cons: increased chances of solicitations and pickpocketing, but also a busy night life and cheaper accommodation options. At night, it is a thriving clubbing and bar scene; during the day, it is an economically bustling business district. Therefore, there are plenty of opportunities to meet girls and activities to keep you entertained.
- Roppongi - a more diverse sector of the city. It features a great mix of local and foreign populations and a variety of age groups as well. The district has all the necessary ingredients for a good time: lots of girls from all walks of life, varied accommodation options, parks, indoor pastimes and shopping malls.
- Ebisu is a wealthier area in Shibuya, Tokyo, so there one may be limited to some extent by price. By the same token, those with a little more cash to blow would enjoy the retail, dining and night life on offer in the well-to-do area of the city. You will be able to explore a great night life without any worry of theft and scams. The girls in this area are also really pretty, and they are more likely to speak English, having learnt it from expensive international schools and private universities.
Hotels can get quite expensive in Tokyo, so the most practical option is usually to take a modest 3-star hotel. Usually, it's fancy enough to comfortably accommodate you with sufficient luxury, as most services in Tokyo are excellent by any standard. The price range goes as follows:
- 2-3-star hotels - $100 - $200
- 3-4-star hotels - $200 - $300
- 5-star, international hotels - $300 and up
Hostels are a great option if you are looking to save a bit of cash. Furthermore, you will also have other international and local travellers right next to you, which means plenty of opportunity to chat up a few foreign girls or meet people who can show you around the city. Compared to other parts of the world, hostels are quite expensive. This is simply due to the high cost of land in Tokyo. You should budget on nothing less than $30 per night when looking for a hostel. Some great hostels include:
- Emblem Hostel
- Space Hostel
- Uno Ueono
- Hop Step Inn
Airbnb works extremely well if you are looking for more budget options. It also allows you access to the vastness of Tokyo condensed into an easy-to-manage computer screen. As a result, you can find apartments, budget hotels and even expensive villas out in more suburban areas. If you are approaching Tokyo with a specific budget in mind, Airbnb is a more than worthwhile option. If you are lucky, you can find something for under $20.
Couchsurfing in Tokyo is relatively popular. There are a few factors that have enhanced this; there is little crime, the policing is amazing and accommodation is expensive. As a result, there are over 30,000 hosts on the couchsurfing platform for Tokyo alone. It's worth a try - having a Japanese person to show you around completely enhances the experience.
How to Get There and Move Around
Japan is an amazing city in which transport works extremely efficiently. However, there are a few nuances that could prove problematic for visitors, the primary one being the lack of English signs and communicative methods. If you are going by taxi, you are more than likely to get lost unless you find some way to bridge the communication gap.
Despite this, you will still find getting around the city to be a fairly easy experience. Starting at the world-class airport and extending to the everyday metro, Tokyo is almost always flawlessly efficient.
By air: Narita International Airport is located 60 kilometres east of the city, and it services the majority of the region. It's a great place to arrive at, with security, easy access to transport and all the retail stores one could imagine. It's also a great place to meet other tourists and a few local girls. Japan attracts visitors from the rest of Asia, as it is somewhat of a Mecca for surrounding nations. There are also plenty of visitors from around the globe, as Japan has advanced exponentially in culture, technology and industry.
Tokyo International Airport, commonly known as Haneda Airport, is one of the two primary airports that serve the Greater Tokyo Area, and is the primary base of Japan's two major domestic airlines, Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways. It's located 14 kilometres south of central Tokyo. Mainly serves domestic flights, but also serves an increasing number of international flights.
By bus: The bus system in Tokyo is a more than viable alternative to the train system, which mainly operates within the central districts of the city. Busses, therefore, go to more remote areas and they are great for anyone looking to get from inner-city regions to outer sectors and vice versa. There are a few bus systems you could try:
- Skytree Shuttle - These are sightseeing tours that operate in the main cities of Japan; thus, Osaka, Tokyo and all major tourist destinations have this available. There is also a departure point from the Tokyo Disney Resort. The Skytree Shuttle is expensive, but it does afford you the opportunity to meet other tourists and start conversations with a few girls.
- Sky Bus Tokyo - Another great tourist service that takes you to the major sightseeing locations from the comfort of an open-top bus. Here you can meet other tourists and see the city and its major natural and synthetic attractions.
- Toei Bus - The mainstream bus system that takes you around the city. It is also convenient for going to places that alternative forms of transport are not able to reach or are too costly to effectively perform. You may require a constant translative method to ensure that you are going to the right place, but it is still mostly easy and cost-friendly.
By car: Taxi services are available pretty much anywhere in the city; however, they are not that easy for foreigners to make use of. Instead of being a quick way to access exact locations, you may find yourself lost due to language barriers. It is extremely unlikely to find a taxi driver with English-speaking abilities, so you will need to have a form of translation on hand. Furthermore, getting around Tokyo is expensive from the inside of a taxi, so it's rather something to avoid if possible. With that being said, it may be necessary after a night out for safety reason. If you can get a local friend to accompany you, it's a lot more efficient.
Uber is available as with any first-world city; however, there aren't many vehicles available. If you are in the very centre of the city, then there are some Ubers available, but other than that, cabs are the better option. Cabs are expensive, but Uber is even more so. Just a few kilometres will cost around $20. It's a last resort at best.
Car rentals are available from inner city areas and directly from the airport post landing. There are a few international rental car brands available as well as a selection of domestic agencies. The service is quite expensive. Besides petrol, you will be expected to pay at least $100 - $150 per day for a small vehicle, which makes a combination of the world-class train system and busses a much cheaper option. In Tokyo they drive on the left side and the right lane is for passing.
By train: The rail system in Japan is amazing, and mostly everyone makes use of the train in some form. There are two main forms of rail: subway and the above-ground train. The subway is the fastest way to access inner-city. The rail will also take you through all of Tokyo's major city centres, so it is a great way to see the vastness of the city comparatively cheaply.
Day passes are available, but they can be pricy: around $9 for the economy section. If you plan correctly, a single ticket or using a prepaid card will save you nearly half of that, so ensure that you plan the route beforehand and purchase your ticket accordingly.
From Tokyo you can reach all the major cities in Japan by super fast bullet trains.
By boat: Boats are not a common form of transport, but it is a way to enjoy the city from a fresh angle. Most of the boat services are run by Tokyo Tours and other smaller tour companies, and most of the rides start from the pier Hinode. It's not an affordable way to get around - the prices vary from tour to tour - but it is a great option for a romantic date or a celebratory event. The Tokyo Cruise Ship Company operates a series of Water Bus ferries along the Sumida River and in Tokyo Bay.
Visas: Japan is quite regulated when it comes to allowing entry privileges, especially because much of Asia is gripped by poverty in comparison. Japan does, however, allow visa-free access to 50 countries. It must be noted as well: some of the countries that belong to the EU as well as the US are allowed a special holiday working visa that allows persons between the age of 18 and 30 to work under special conditions. To avoid disappointment, check Japan's visa requirements for your specific country.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
Japan rivals the best in terms of economies, so there is plenty on offer for professionals and non-professional job seekers alike. The main problem with tapping into the economy is the expense of the matter. If you do not have a company willing to pay for your legal processes, it may cost you as much as $65,000.
As a foreigner, the best way to get a job in Japan is to apply for an English teaching position. English is a rare and useful skill in all of Asia and many wealthy parents are willing to pay handsomely for someone to teach their kids English. There are schools and academies where you can apply, so your best bet is to get online beforehand if you have the necessary qualifications.
Nomadic work is possible,; however, Japan is an extremely expensive to live in. Nomadic work is unlikely to support you for a stay of more than a few weeks, so it is probably best to try and tap into the local market. Despite this, if you can gain an income in US Dollars or the British Pound, you can find a way to thrive in the economic climate of Tokyo.
Internet and Mobile Operators
The Japanese mobile phone industry is one of the leading markets in the world. As a result, the public has access to some of the world's leading technology and a consistent connection at all times. If you are looking for a reliable connection , here are a few companies whose sim cards you can buy/rent in Japan:
From this list Docomo would be the most popular and a good, go-to option for visitors. You can buy the sim card at any major supermarket chain or corner store. Importantly, you will not be able to use your phone in Japan, which is something not many people expect. In order to gain access to the network, you will have to rent a mobile sim card for the duration of your stay. This can get expensive.
The connection and services provided in Japan are very good. The only downside, like most things in Japan, is the hefty costs involved.
Gambling and Casinos
Gambling is illegal in Japan; however, there have been certain movements that hope for exemptions from the law for the sake of attracting tourists. This has resulted in a few underground casinos in Tokyo, but be sure not to engage in gambling unless directly specified by the government that it is legal.
There are a few underground casinos open in Tokyo, but they are difficult to find. In order to gain access, you will have to know someone on the inside. Even then, it is not a good idea, as casinos are run by organized crime gangs called "Yazuka". Get yourself into trouble or debt at these locations and you are likely to face a lot worse than anything the police could enforce. Moreover, the casinos are known for being biased in favour of the house - more so than usual.
Legal gambling options are available. The National Lottery is a means for the government to boost its income and for the public to entertain themselves. You can also find horse racing betting agencies and certain motor sports to test your luck.
Weed and Drugs
Drugs in Japan are closely governed through a strict legal system that is harsh on foreigners. If you are looking for drugs, you may want to think again before choosing to buy or get drugs.
If caught, the legal system is harsh. You will be fined and imprisoned for something as trivial as marijuana. If you are caught with more hardcore drugs, you are also legally liable for solitary confinement.
As a result of the harsh legal system and the exorbitant costs of the city itself, drugs will always be extremely expensive. Weed, for example, costs as much as $20 for a gram in some areas (depending on the quality as well).
Japan is really controlled in terms of the types of drugs for sale. Most hardcore drugs, such as meth, heroine or LSD are not available in Tokyo. If they are, they would be smuggled in small batches illegally. However, it would no be long until they are found. The most common drugs to be found are weed and Speed, which are mainly around the clubbing areas.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
Gyms in Japan are expensive, very expensive. Tokyo is the costliest city in the country, so everything is automatically pricy. If you are looking for a workout, then a jog or a public gym is definitely a lot cheaper. However, if you absolutely need to lift some weights, you should try some of the following venues:
- Gold's Gym - Weightlifting is the main attraction of this gym. Bodybuilding or CrossFit is not a big attraction in Japan, so this gym caters for the small niche in the fitness industry.
- Konami Sports Club - Another marvellous and over-the-top fitness centre from Japan. This club is available all over the country, so keep in mind that there are a few other gyms included in your monthly fee. There is a cardio section and a wealth of other attractions to use.
- Tipness - Another fitness club with little more than a light weight section, cardio equipment and a few other contraptions.
- Anytime Fitness - An American chain with all the usual bells and whistles. If you are looking for a more "Western" gym, then this is the perfect venue for you.
Tokyo has a few gyms scattered throughout the city. Due to the high costs of land, gyms are generally very small. Added to this, they are extremely expensive: the cheapest gym available is around $80 per month, with the most expensive being well over $100 per month.
STDs and HIV
Japan is one of the best nations in the world when it comes to controlling the HIV rate. In fact, only 0.01%, which equates to 17,000 infected people in the country. As a result, HIV is not much of a worry, and most of it is carried by immigrants from the poorer areas.
Other STDs to watch out for include HPV, Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia. There are a variety of other warts and unpleasant STDs to look out for, especially from tourists from the rest of Asia.
When having sex, it is important to remain protected by using a condom. The risks are too high - even though Japan is one of the best cities in the world when it comes to hygiene and STDs.
Medical care is the one worry when visiting Japan. Women's clinics are common in Tokyo, but they do not contain certain necessary medications. Also, if you are male, you will struggle to find similar, governmentally-funded clinics. Yeast infection remedies are difficult to find unless you are willing to spend quite a bit in pharmacies. You will be able to find most medications in pharmacies; however, they will be expensive as STDs are uncommon in Japan. Dealing with one is more of a hassle and an expense than anything else.
Tokyo is probably one of the safest big cities you will ever visit, and Japan in general is one of the safest places to visit in the world. Most people, including single female travellers, would not encounter any problems walking along the streets alone at night. Street crime is extremely rare, even late at night, and continues to decrease. However, "little crime" does not mean "no crime", and common sense should still be applied as anywhere in the world. Often the biggest risk is travellers taking Japan's visibly apparent lack of crime too close to heart and doing things they would never do back home.