Singapore dating guide advises how to pick up Singaporean girls and how to hookup with local women in Singapore. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Singaporean women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Singapore, Asia.
Singapore (Singapura, 新加坡, சிங்கப்பூர்) is a city-state in Southeast Asia. Founded as a British trading colony in 1819, since independence it has become one of the world's most prosperous, tax-friendly countries and boasts the world's busiest port.
Combining the skyscrapers and subways of a modern, affluent city with a medley of Chinese, Malay and Indian influences along with a tropical climate, tasty food from hawker centres, copious shopping malls, and vibrant night-life scene, this Garden City makes a great stopover or springboard into the region.
Singapore is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world for a lot of reasons, one of which is the less stringent entry requirements.
- 1 Girls in Singapore
- 2 How to Pick Up Girls
- 3 Top Dating Tips
- 4 Online Dating
- 5 Live Cam Dating
- 6 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 7 Risks while Gaming
- 8 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 9 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 10 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 11 Costs of Living
- 12 Accommodation
- 13 How to Get There and Move Around
- 14 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 15 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 16 Gambling and Casinos
- 17 Weed and Drugs
- 18 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 19 STDs and HIV
- 20 Stay Safe
- 21 See Also
Girls in Singapore
The girls of Singapore are the hottest models you will ever meet, that happen to know how to talk, and happen to be very annoying. They are generally out of touch with sexuality and do not even go night clubs till they are close to their 30s. Most of the girls in Singapore are cute, but very annoying since they want all kind of romantic things and are dreaming about true love and not often down to a fuck.
It is horrible to go for a dates with them since they talk a lot about their work status, real estate, their famous friends and many things that really do not matter when it comes to a sex.
Singaporean girls are difficult and unpleasant to be with anyway, and even if you end up having sex with them, the sex is very rarely anything great.
As stated earlier, the looks of the Singapore girls vary a lot and everyone has a different taste. Chinese, Malay and Indian girls all look different and the Malay girl may not be hot for some who is attracted to the Indian girls. Luckily there are also many white European and American girls working in Singapore, who are also attractive, since they work in the high paid jobs and have money for the pedicures, manicures, nice clothes and boob jobs.
How to Pick Up Girls
There are Chinese, Malay and Indian girls in Singapore. Non of them are easy to get laid with and it really depends what race are you if they are willing to hook up with you. You should not ask where the girl is from since most girls get asked about it all the time, since everyone in Singapore come from somewhere.
Chinese girls are the best if you are up to something serious, but also can be often a good fucks if you like them skinny.
Malay girls are the least attractive and it is also difficult to meet them without the social circles. Most Malay girls can be found from the East side.
Indian girls are definitely the best when it comes to the sex. Since sex is "banned" in India, the girls often get very wild when they come to the Singapore. Their have also bigger booties and huge tits and nipples! Also, the Indian girls in Singapore suck the dick like a crazy!
The Chinese Malaysian are also a one group. These girls are from Malaysia but ethnically Chinese. They are not actual Singaporeans, so they do not have the same "snobby" attitude as the local girls and are much more down to earth and love foreigners.
- Short-term tactics (a few days) – It is recommend to download Tinder plus and gold. On the Tinder app, just change your location to the Singapore. Then chit chat a bit with the girls few days before arriving to the Singapore (This way you do not seem like a crazy pussy hungry dude, which you actually are). Then once you land to the Singapore airport, turn the wifi on and tell them you´re free tonight and can meet them. Make sure not to ask them if they want to meet you. You need to be the alpha male and give them a chance to meet you.
- With this strategy, you will score. But often so many girls want to meet you so you need to stay focused and have few hours of time for each girl. This way you can easily bang five girls in few days or even more! If you really want to go to the next level, you can also try to find hookups from the CouchSurfing app and meet other travellers or the locals, but most likely Tinder will get you enough pussy for few days. Also, in the evening you can try going to the clubs and pick up girls. Since you only stay few days in the town, it is recommended to do at least once. Just stay active at the club, get numbers, instagram accounts and talk to as many girls as possible. You can also meet tourist girls at the clubs who live at your next travel destination. This is a good way to build a social network and set up future lays. Also, if you plan to take local girls to your room, then do not stay in the "Little India", since the local girls think they are too "high level" to go there.
- Long-term (a month or more) - If you decide to stay in Singapore for a longer time, you should also download Tinder, but play a little different game compared to the one you play when staying short time. Just be a bit more patient, maybe also focus on a girls who require one or more dates before having sex. Also try to get few "friends" from the CouchSurfing. These so called "friend" girls are great since they want to introduce you to their friends, and you may be able to sleep with them. Just remember not to try anything with these "friend" girls and they will take you to the parties and events where you will hookup with their friends! Also, ad some local girls from the Instagram and Facebook and maybe hook up with them! If you go to the nightclubs, then take many numbers and plan dates for a later dates with these girls and then score! At the daytime also, you should not try to be as aggressive as when staying short term. Get numbers, and do things with these girls and then take them to the bedroom.
So the only real difference with the "short term" is to take things slower.
As stated earlier, non of the girls in Singapore are easy to get laid with and it really depends what race are you if they are willing to hook up with you. Also different races in Singapore are more difficult to hook up with than the others. How ever if you believe in yourself, look good and fresh and have balls to go talk to the Singaporean girls, wether it is daytime or nighttime, you will get sex.
Tips for Daytime
The best thing about the Singapore is, there are plenty of outdoor locations where one can pick up girls at the daytime. Another advantage compared to another South-East Asian countries, is everyone in Singapore speaks English! Caucasian men do very well here with locals especially during the daytime, but many locals may be scared or not interested by the Indian or Asian looking guys when getting approached at the daytime.
At the daytime, the most inmportant thing is not to be afraid to talk to the girls. Going up to a girl in Singapore and starting a chit chat is your number one method of getting laid with the local and foreign traveller girls. You need to remember that there are not many people who use this "old fashion" technique in Singapore. The local guys are mostly pussies and only way they approach a girl is thru Tinder or at the nightclub when they are drunk. So if you just go and talk to the girls during the day, you will have a huge advantage!
If you do not know what to say when you approach a girl at the daytime, then just say what ever comes to your mind! If nothing comes to your mind, then just tell her; you had an urgent feeling to talk to her, but you dont know what to say because she is so beautiful. Simple as that! If you get rejected, then move to the next one. Picking up the girls during the daytime is best, because you wether you get rejected 10 times in a row, there will be always more and more girls around who you can talk to. If you just keep trying, you will get laid!
Best Places to Meet Girls
You can meet girls practically everywhere in Singapore and there’s a high chance you bump into a very hot girl once in a while.
Shopping malls such as (City Square Mall,ION Orchardm, City Square Mall, The Paragon, Suntec City and Vivo City) in Singapore are also great places if you want to hook up with the girls.
Clarke Quay especially on the weekends is a great pick up spots where you can find plenty of girls. During the daytime Orchard street is not a bad option either.
Tips for Nighttime
Singapore is a country with a decent singles nightlife. Deep down Singapore is still a conservative country and often times parties move around. Like in the most big cities around the world a nightclub will be trendy one day and outdated next.
Same technique you should use durinf the daytime, also works at the nighttime in Singapore. So once you enter the bar or a club, start making eye contacts, smile to the girls, go talk a bit to as many girls as possible (even a small "Hello!" and showing you noticed them helps). Then once you are ready to leave the club, you approach one of the girls you talked before, do some small talk and encourage her to go to the "after parties" with you. This technique is proven to work all over the world! There are many good nightclubs listed below, but you should also approach girls on the streets while moving from club to another club. Constant work will get you results, remember that!
Because of the humid and hot weather all year round, Singaporeans are not fussy over dressing – however, most nightclubs do enforce a smart-casual dress code. This means no flip-flops or shorts!
One of the best things in Singapore is the multi-ethnicity of the ladies. Malay girls, Chinese chicks and the hot western ladies. In Singapore, there are women for every type and fetish. The Singapore nightclubs are usually packed as soon as the weekend comes!
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
- 1-Altitude at 1 Raffles Place
- Bang Bang at 7 Raffles Boulevard, Marina Square
- Canvas Club at 20 Upper Circular Road
- The Cufflink Club at 6 Jiak Chuan Road
- CÉ LA VI at 1 Bayfront Avenue Marina Bay Sands Tower 3
- F Club Singapore at 3B River Valley Rd
- Kilo Lounge at 21 Tanjong Pagar Road
- Manhattan at 1 Cuscaden Road
- KPO at 1 Killiney Rd
- Symmetry at 9 Jalan Kubor
- Tanjong Beach Club at 120 Tanjong Beach Walk, Sentosa Island
- Zouk Club at 17 Jiak Kim Street
The nightlife scene in Singapore is always thumping with the best beats. But there's more to life than clubbing in Singapore, plenty of pubs and restaurants have also lot of nightlife activity.
At the nighttime, Singapore instantly transforms itself into a huge entertainment hub. And busy modern executives change their formal clothes to have fun at the Singapore nightlife.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
Most older women in Singapore do not go to the nightclubs or party like in the most parts of the world. How ever some of these milfs may be using Tinder or other dating apps. There are also many foreign women working in Singapore and many of them are high-skilled workers in their 40s. These women have normal needs and wether they are single, dating or married, they are very potential partners for a wild night of sex.
Top Dating Tips
Singapore is a city of many contrasts. It is tiny in size but big in surprises that are hidden in every nook and cranny. The city attracts the wealthy people to come and play yet it is also endearingly claimed as the second home of simpler folks. But there are plenty of things to do for everyone. Wether you dont have much to spend or money does not matter, you have a wide range of options where to take a girl for a date in Singapore.
- Wandering around Gardens by the Bay is a great option with a girl. If you do this at the nighttime, you could even hookup at the gardens since there are only few security guards at the night. If you end up fooling around in the bushes, make sure not to get caught! Entry to the Gardens is free, but it costs $28 to visit the biodomes.
- The easiest and the cheapest is to stroll along Marina Bay Waterfront Promenade. This does not cost you a penny and you can do it at the day or night. How ewver the local girls are usually after something more impressive, but if you want to bang tourists chicks, then they will fall in to this and think it is fucking romantic.
- Girls love animals and that is why you need to be an animal in the bed. One of the world’s best zoos is located in the Singapore. Spread across 28 lush hectares on a peninsula in the Upper Seletar Reservoir, the Singapore Zoo is perfectly designed, with globe-spanning wildlife roaming large, natural habitat-like enclosures. Local girls will also be impressed as you show them that you have a soft side since you like the lions and bambis.
- The Night Safari is also a great option at the nighttime. Located next door to Singapore Zoo and well worth the trip to Singapore’s northern reaches, this wildlife park is only open in the evenings (7:30pm-midnight). It’s a wonderfully eerie experience – wandering the footpaths and bridges of the fragrant nighttime jungle and seeing the over hundred species of nocturnal creatures close up
- One of the Singapore’s largest green areas, complete with the world’s most extensive orchid garden. West of Orchard Road, gleaming malls give way to the lush vegetatio, themed gardens, well-tended lawns and tranquil lakes that make up the vast Botanic Gardens. This is a great option to take a hipster girl for a date.
- Orchard Road - Singapore’s main shopping street, particularly notable for its fashion stores is a great option to go if you want to be a sugar-daddy. Its name is a bit of a misnomer, since there isn’t an orchard in sight; instead, you are faced with gleaming malls, designer shops and departments stores. Some of the snobby local girls who wants you to buy some things from them may suggest to have a date in here. Off course you could just have a coffee with her at the Starbucks at the Orchard Road.
- If you want to spend only a little bit of cash, then head over to the Universal Studios which is te Singapore branch of the super-popular Hollywood movie theme park. Divided into "7 worlds", this theme park is the star attraction of Resorts World on Sentosa Island, at Singapore’s south end. Just take the girl to take scary rides and give her a protected feeling and then take her to your room and nail her.
Tinder in Singapore has plenty of expats there mostly for hookups and casual dating. When it comes into sexual hookups, it is best to be quite straight forward when matching with girls in Singapore. Just tell for the girls what you are into, ask their whatsapp and then chat a bit before you take it to a next level. Most girls who are into the hookups in Singapore, want to still meet you in the public place first (example a coffee shop etc.). But there are also some wild girls who will ask you to come to their place or come directly to you! In Singapore, there are also plenty of sex workers and ladyboys in Tinder, so you have to be a careful if that is not what you are looking for!
Also, since Singapore is still a highly conservative society with a majority Chinese population, the most Chinese girls you find from the Tinder are after a rich boyfriend. You may still be able to fuck them, but you need to use a slower technique, take them for a dinner date or something until you may be able to score. But again, there are some differences and also some Chinese chicks in Singapore are straight forward and after a cock.
Live Cam Dating
Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. Check out which girls are online now: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
White and western guys have been for a long time in Singapore and they are nothing new and very common, and sometimes girls even ignore loud speaking British and Aussie guys. But again you still have an advantage compared to the Asian dudes, but it is not like in the Philippines where white men are seen as golden gods! If you are a poor backpacker in Singapore, then it can be difficult to pick up girls, since you usually need money to do things. The Chinese girls in Singapore are the ones who are after the wealthy guys, they want you to fo with them to a fancy restaurants and take photos with you if you are showing your wealth. This can sound like idiotic, but that is how it is. In Singapore it is good to be well dressed and not wear a tank top and flip-flops. Although you can get pussy when dressed up like a shit, it is recommended to dress well unless you feel super comfortable wearing these type of clothing. It is best to choose a nice place to stay while in Singapore, if you want to get sex. Most girls do not come to the cheap 40 dollar hotels in Little India. So it is best to have a decent hotel room, or rent an apartment from the airbnb example, and you may even easily score on a first date. Most girls do not come to your room in Singapore, unless you have some kind of excuse. They may want to sleep with you, but they want to pretend like they have another reason to come to your room.
Risks while Gaming
Singapore is not like Australia or some Eastern European countries, where you may have to fight with the local dudes over the sexiest lady of the nightclub. In Singapore, the most people at the clubs are in high paid jobs and highly educated and very rarely use any violence. The cock-blocking happens a lot, especially if the girls friends do not like you. So you should always make sure to pay attention to her friends, if she is in a group.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
The quickest way to get laid in Singapore, is to turn your social media application to the highest gear. Make sure to have Tinder plus and gold, set up before your trip. Socialise a bit with the girls before your arrival and then you have girls who are waiting for you in Singapore. Once in Singapore, just suggest a quick meetings. You can just type to as many girls as possible in Tinder that, you are now free and ready to meet. For sure you should find a hookup in an hour. You could also sit at the coffee shop near the walking street or in a mall and same type do the multitasking, which is trying to hookup with the dating apps while approaching every single girl passing by.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
The Sugar Baby scene in Singapore is still quite new but there are a lot of beautiful young girls looking for a Sugar Daddy. The best and safest way to hook up with a Sugar Baby is online. At SecretBenefits.com there is a wide selection of nice girls who are looking for an older guy to take care of them. These babes are easy to approach and you can settle everything before meeting up.
Anyone can be a sugar daddy. Just create your free account at SecretBenefits and start enjoying the wide selection of Sugar Babies available.
There are plenty of sexy girls in Singapore who choose to party their early life away, and soon or later they will realise they don´t have money for this. Then the sugar-dating becomes a quite common. Most of these so called party-girls are very pretty, so they use their sexuality to attract wealthier men. The sugardating is not as common in Singapore as it is in Philippines or Thailand where most girls always expect men to buy them things and then give them sex in return.
So if you are a sugar daddy in Singapore, you could quite easily find a girl who may just trade sex and her time for some spending money or fashion designer clothes.
Especially the Chinese girls living in Singapore do a lot of this so called "sugar dating".
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
In Singapore, it is illegal to appear nude in public, or in private if viewable by passers-by. There are no nudist beaches in Singapore. There may be some swingers parties, but these type of parties are often in hidden location and hard to find. You may need to know some local naturists to find out more. If you really need to see some naked people in Singapore, then it is best to check out some the Singapore nude bars such as Ten Mens Club, Club Da Emperor Exclusive Niteclub or Cruise Club.
Costs of Living
Singapore is said to be one of the most expensive holiday destination in the world. But the locals often say; Singapore is expensive only if you do not know where to get stuff for free or for cheap or when you want to reduce the number of things you get.
In Singapore it is easiest to stay near the Orchard road. This area is always lively, near the nightlife and also packed with the shopping options. So the Orchard road is the best wether you are a day- or night-gamer. It is also a great are for the short term and long term stays.
Accommodation in Singapore is quite expensive by South-East Asian standards. Particularly in the higher price brackets, demand has been outstripping supply recently and during big events like the larger conventions or Formula 1 race it is not uncommon for pretty much everything to sell out. Lower-end hotels, motels and hostels, though, remain affordable and available throughout the year.
If you are in to the shopping, then you should stay Orchard Road's shopping malls, the Riverside is probably the best place to stay in Singapore.
Couchsurfing also works in Singapore and it is a great way to meet locals and maybe even hook up with them.
AirBnb is recommended is you stay more than a day, since it is always a big hassle to exchange keys and so on.
If you stay in the Singapore for a long term, you need to carefully decide where to live, since the costs vary a lot and if you like to be near the nightlife it also affects on your decision.
Holland Village is probably one of the most popular neighbourhoods among expats moving to Singapore and lots of local girls love to come there if you live in there.
Orchard Road is the best if you want to be at the centre of it all. It is also great since all the tourists girls roam around this area and you can get easy and quick Tinder fucks from this area.
Pasir Panjang, West Coast and Clementi New Town are up-and-coming areas.
Plenty of expats are choosing to live near Serangoon Gardens, Hougang and Pungol, where there is better value for your bucks, and following the shift of more International Schools to those areas.
The Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) has also made areas like Pasir Ris and the northern parts of the East Coast easily accessible.
Telok Blangah and Harbourfront have dramatically increased in popularity over the past years.
Hillview, Dairy Farm, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang have also seen a small increase in their expat population and this could be linked to better MRT access in those areas.
How to Get There and Move Around
Getting around Singapore is simple: the public transportation system is very easy to use and taxis are fairly priced when you can get one. Only few visitors rent cars. Google Maps does a pretty good job of figuring out the fastest route by MRT and bus and even estimating taxi fares between any two points. Grab application also works very well in Singapore and rides are a bit cheaper than taxi rides.
Changi Airport (IATA: SIN, ICAO: WSSS) is the major civilian airport for Singapore, and one of the largest transportation hubs in Southeast Asia. It is currently rated the World's Best Airport by Skytrax, for the seventh consecutive year since 2013. It is also the first Airport in the world to do so for seven consecutive years and is one of the world's busiest airports by international passenger and cargo traffic. The airport is located in Changi, at the eastern end of Singapore, approximately 20 kilometres northeast from Marina Bay (Singapore's Downtown Core), on a 13-square-kilometre (5.0 sq mi) site. It is operated by Changi Airport Group and it is the home base of Singapore Airlines, Singapore Airlines Cargo, SilkAir, Scoot, Jetstar Asia Airways and BOC Aviation.
As of 1 March 2019, Changi Airport serves more than 100 airlines flying to 400 cities in around 100 countries and territories worldwide. Each week, about 7,400 flights land or depart from Changi, or, about one every 80 seconds.
Buses connect various corners of Singapore, but are slower and harder to use than the MRT. The advantage though of this is you get to see the sights rather than a dark underground tunnel at a low price. You can pay cash (coins) in buses, but the fare stage system is quite complex (it's easiest to ask the driver for the price to your destination), you are charged marginally more and there is no provision for getting change. Payment with ez-link or Nets Flashpay card is thus the easiest method: tap your card against the reader at the front entrance of the bus when boarding, and a maximum fare is deducted from the card. When you alight, tap your card again at the exit, and the difference is refunded. Make sure you tap out, or you'll end up paying the maximum fare! Inspectors occasionally prowl buses to check that everybody has paid or tapped, so those who are on tourist day passes should tap before sitting down. Dishonest bus commuters risk getting fine $20 for not paying or underpaying fares (by premature tapping-out) and $50 for improper use of concession cards. Another advantage of ez-link or Nets Flashpay cards is that you will be able to enjoy distance-based fares and avoid the boarding fee.
After midnight on Fridays, Saturdays and before public holidays only, the NightRider services are a fairly convenient way of getting around, with seven lines running every 20min. All services drive past the major nightlife districts of Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Mohamed Sultan and Orchard before splintering off. There's a flat fare of $4.00, the EZ-link card is accepted but the Singapore Tourist Pass is not valid on this line.
As mentioned earlier, gothere.sg will give you options as to which buses will take you from your origin or destination.
Car rental is not a popular option in Singapore. It is also hardly necessary for tourists since public transport sufficiently covers all areas of the island with a significant population base. You will usually be looking at upwards for $100 per day for the smallest vehicle from the major rental companies, although local ones can be cheaper and there are sometimes good weekend prices available. This does not include gas at around $1.80/litre or electronic road pricing (ERP) fees, and you'll usually need to pay extra to drive to Malaysia. If planning on touring Malaysia by car, it makes much more sense to head across the border to Johor Bahru, where both rentals and petrol are half price, and you have the option of dropping your car off elsewhere in the country. This also avoids the unwelcome extra attention that Singapore-registered plates tend to get from thieves in Malaysia.
The MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) and LRT (Light Rail Transit) are trains that are the main trunk of Singapore's transit system. They are a cheap and very reliable mode of transportation, and the network covers most points of interest for the visitor. EZ-link or Nets FlashPay farecards (described above) are the easiest and most popular ways to use the MRT. All lines are seamlessly integrated, even if the lines are operated by different transport companies, so you do not need to buy a new ticket to transfer. All train lines use contactless RFID tickets. Just tap to scan your train ticket at the gantry when entering and exiting the train service area. Single-trip tickets are purchased from ticket machines located before the gantries and cost from $0.80 to $2.20. A $0.10 deposit is charged when purchasing a new ticket card. The deposit is refunded in double through a $0.10 fare reduction each on the 3rd and 6th trip made with the card. To load a new ticket onto an existing card at a ticket machine, just place it on the designated spot and follow the on-screen instructions.
The MRT stations are clean and usually equipped with free toilets. Underground stations have platform screen doors between the train and the platform while most above-ground stations have Half-height Platform Screen Doors (HHPSDs) so there is no risk of falling onto the tracks. The North-East line is fully automated, as is the new Circle Line, the LRT and all upcoming lines, so it's worth walking up to the front of the train to look out a tiny window and realize that there is no driver! There are exceptions though, when a staff member comes in to drive the train. This is common when a train's automatic driving system fails. In this case, a tape will be put up behind the driving area to prevent passengers from interfering with the driver.
As of October 2017, a Downtown Line extension connects the Chinatown Station with the Expo Station on the Changi Airport Extension, providing travellers with an alternative route to get between Changi Airport and the city.
Tourist-oriented bumboats cruise the Singapore River, offering point-to-point rides starting from $3 and cruises with nice views of the CBD skyscraper skyline starting from $13.
Bumboats also shuttle passengers from Changi Village to Pulau Ubin ($2.50 one-way), a small island off Singapore's northeast coast which is about as close as Singapore gets to unhurried rural living.
Visitors can either enter the Singapore without a visa or in some cases they must first obtain a visa. Citizens of almost 80% of the world's countries may can to Singapore for a period of 30 days or 90 days without a visa, depending on their nationality. Countries which require a visa are categorized into countries eligible to apply for an electronic visa and countries whose citizens need a visa vignette.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
Singapore is worldwide known for its low taxation, average cost of living, and warm weather! Living and working in the Singapore is a dream shared by many. Luckily, the job market in the Singapore is steadily growing. New industries are popping up, and there’s a huge increase in expats and locals founding startups. Finding a job in Singapore is highly doable for foreigners.
These days Singaporean companies trust your LinkedIn profile more than your resume. But there is one other way much preferred than Linkeidn introduction. Companies in Singapore still prefer words of mouth recommendation. So the best way to get to these bosses and referred by people is to Network. So you need to step out of your comfort zone and start attending courses, events and group meetings like meet-ups.
This widen your perspective as well as your networks and increasing chance to become hired.
Once you have accepted the job in Singapore and finalised details, you can apply for a work visa based on your qualifications. Foreign skilled workers are always welcome in Singapore and you should not find it difficult to apply for an employment pass.
Singapore is a great place when it comes to working on a laptop. Many cafes have fast wifi connection and there are 24 Regus offices in Singapore alone!
Internet and Mobile Operators
In Singapore you have to show a passport or official Singaporean photo ID to purchase a SIM card for registration. This can be done at any 7-Eleven or Cheers branch and takes 5 minutes. Just like in the USA and Canada, you will be charged for incoming calls too in Singapore.
The low priced (S$5 to S$8) starter packs of the four providers (StarHub, Singtel, M1 and TPG Telecom) are hard to find. At the airport they only sell their S$30+ packages, and they are rarely sold downtown. The best place to find a cheap S$5-S$8 starter is in Little India district in the small shops along Seragoon Rd. and around Mustafa Centre, where they are always 'on promotion' and widely marketed, or in Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre, where you will have to specifically ask for them. As most travellers stay only for a very limited time in town, they might be the better choice for them!
1GB of data costs around S$5 to S$12 depending how long you want it to be valid for (1 to 30 days).
Gambling and Casinos
There are a total of 10 legal gambling facilities in Singapore, offering casinos and horseracing tracks. The most well known and largest gambling city in Singapore is Marina Bay with over 700 hundred tables games, 2,575 gaming, slot, and video poker machines, The largest casino in the entire country of Singapore is Marina Bay Sands Casino which is located in Marina Bay. Marina Bay Sands Casino has 6 gambling facilities, 2,500 gaming machines and 700 table games.
The first Casino in Singapore only opened in 2006, so the Casino industry is very new, when compared with Macau example, but as Singapore is one of the banking capitals of the world, and with many wealthy people regularly travelling through, it is guaranteed that high stakes are being risked every night.
There are also many casino cruises which you can take from Singapore and these will sail out to international waters to avoid any inconvenient regulations that might arise in Singapore. One of these is called "Aegean Paradise Cruise" which casino has 40 live tables, including black jack and poker, few hundred slot machines to play. Minimum bets are no more than S$2. One-night stay in a private room starts from S$40 on a weekday or S$80 on a weekend. Or you can just take an evening trip on board and prices start from as little as S$25. Casino cruises depart from the Nongsapura Ferry Terminal and you are also offered a free pick up from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal which is 45min away.
Weed and Drugs
Singapore is not really a place where you should smoke weed. It is illegal and any Singapore citizen or permanent resident found to have abused controlled drugs overseas will be treated as if he or she had abused drugs in Singapore! Even if you smoke a joint in Singapore, you will not be stoned because of the paranoia level.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
Choosing where to train in Singapore is not always easy. Not all fitness centers post their prices publicly, This is because many would prefer you to visit them, and allow their salespeople to offer you a membership package.
Never sign up on the spot even if you might be pressured to do so. You should always give yourself a couple of days to think about it since you will be working out at that place almost every day.
Before agreeing to anything, you should always ask about the following:
- Any discounts (for specific credit card, members card, business of other groups)
- Administrative sign-up or termination costs
- A copy of the terms and conditions (This is important)
- Minimum contract time
- Payment terms (All Upfront, once a month ot yearly)
- Free gifts or deals to other places (fitness shops / restaurants)
The Best Gyms in Singapore
- Anytime Fitness, 59 islandwide
- Facilities: Treadmills, elliptical, exercise cycles, strength equipment, circuit, free weights, racks, plate loaded machines. Fees: From $98 a month. Opening Hours: 24/7
- ActiveSG, 19 islandwide
- Facilities: Basic equipment, free weights, stacked weights, cardiovascular machines, shower and lockers. Fees: Year-long membership costs $300 for adults. Per entry rates are $2.50 for adults and $1.50 for senior citizens and students. Opening Hours: Depends on individual outlets, some open as early as 7am and stay open til 10pm.
- Fitness First, 20 (Alexandra, Ang Mo Kio Hub, Bugis Junction, Capital Tower, Changi UE Biz Hub, City Square Mall, Clementi , Fusionopolis, Junction 10, Market Street, MBFC, One George Street, One Raffles Quay, Paragon, Paya Lebar, Tampines, Tanjong Pagar, The Cathay, The Metropolis, Westgate)
- Facilities: Swimming pool and sauna at some branches; workout clothes provided at most outlets. Fees: Year-long membership costs between $150 and $175 per month. Opening Hours: Weekdays, most outlets open from 6am to 10pm. Hours vary for Saturdays, with some outlets opening as early as 6am and closing as late as 10.30pm. For Sundays, outlets open as early as 7.30am and close at 10pm, though some outlets are closed. Individual gym opening hours are here.
- Safra EnergyOne, 6 (Jurong, Mount Faber, Punggol, Tampines, Toa Payoh, Yishun)
- Facilities: Cardio machines, free weights, plate-loaded machines, resistance training machines, showers, towels. Fees: $374.50 to begin membership, subsequently, $128.40 per quarter (Most people get a better deal due to ongoing promotions) You must already be a SAFRA member to register as an EnergyOne member. Opening Hours: 6.30am to 10.30pm on weekdays. Opens from 7am or 9am on weekends and Public Holidays to 7pm or 8pm.
- Gymmboxx, 6 (Bedok Point, Bishan, JCube, Century Square, Keat Hong, Kebun Baru)
- Facilities: Straightforward gym with all the facilities you’d need for a good workout, with comprehensive equipment for strength training. Fees: Between $60 to $70 per month. Per entry access available between $3 to $7. Youth and seniors discounts available. Opening Hours: Some outlets are open 24/7, others open as early as 8am and stay open till about 11pm.
- True Fitness, 8 (Ang Mo Kio Djitsun Mall, Chevron House, Great World City, Harbourfront Centre, Suntec City, Income @ Tampines Junction, Velocity @ Novena Square, Viva Business Park)
- Facilities: Value-added facilities include steam rooms, lounges, an indoor sprint track and boxing rings. Fees: Annual membership start from $89 a month. Opening Hours: Opens as early as 6am and closes as late as 11pm. Check individual gym page for details.
- Virgin Active, 5 (Raffles Place, Tanjong Pagar, Raffles, Holland Village, Marina One, Duo Galleria)
- Facilities: Different outlets have unique facilities, but you can find things like a steam room, ice room, sleep pods, foot baths and more. Price: 6 months, 12 months, and flexible weekly plans, priced at $59, $51 and $67 per week respectively, excluding 7% GST. Opening Hours: 6.30am to 10.30pm on Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm on weekends and public holidays, with the exception of Virgin Active Raffles Place, which is open from 8am to 5pm on Saturdays and public holidays.
- Pure Fitness, 3 (Asia Square, Ocean Financial Centre, and Ngee Ann City)
- Facilities: Sauna, indoor running track, swimming pool, juice bar, complimentary workout gear, towels, socks and toiletries. Price: About $150 to $200 per month. Opening Hours: 6am to midnight from Mondays to Saturdays. 8am to 10pm on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Dennis Gym, 5 (Bugis, Jurong, Simei, Tai Seng, Yishun)
- Facilities: Comprehensive suite of fitness equipment, used by competitive bodybuilders and recreational clients alike. Price: $78 per month on a one-year contract. Shorter term contracts available. Opening Hours: Jurong, Farrer Park and Tai Seng branches are open 24-hours. Simei branch opens from 7am to 10pm on weekdays, and 8am to 8pm on weekends.
- Gold’s Gym Singapore, 11 (Bugis, Bukit Timah, Buona Vista, East Coast, Farrer Park, Joo Chiat, Novena, Raffles Place, River Valley, Tanjong Pagar, and Upper Thomson)
- Facilities: Equipped for a wide range of training programmes, including fat loss, rehabilitative, pre/post natal, and strength training. Price: Varies depending on training regime enrolled into. Opening Hours: Access to train is by appointment, depending on your customised training programme.
STDs and HIV
There were 434 new cases of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections reported among the residents of Singapore in 2017. This brings the total number of HIV-infected residents to 7,982 as of end 2017, of whom 1,960 had passed away. The number of new HIV cases among Singapore residents has been consistent at about 450 per year since 2008.
The cost of HIV PEP treatment is approximately $2000 – $2200 for one months course of medication. Since the HIV is not common in Singapore, it would be only advised to use PEP treatment, if you have unprotected sex with a prostitute.
Singapore is one of the safest major cities in the world by virtually any measure. Most people, including single female travellers, will not face any problems walking along the streets alone at night. But as the local police say, "low crime does not mean no crime" — beware of pickpockets in crowded areas and don't forget your common sense entirely.
Singapore treats drug offences extremely severely. The death penalty is mandatory for those convicted of trafficking, manufacturing, importing or exporting more than 15 g of heroin, 30 g of morphine, 30 g of cocaine, 500 g of cannabis, 200 g of cannabis resin and 1.2 kg of opium, and possession of these quantities is all that is needed for you to be convicted.