Venice dating guide advises how to pick up tourist girls and how to hookup with local women in Venice. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Italian women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Venice, Italy.
Venice is a city in northeastern Italy and the capital of the Veneto region with around 260,000 inhabitants. Venice is famous all over the world for its 150 canals that form an archipelago of 118 islands. The islands on which the city is built on are connected by about 400 bridges. The main and every form of transport within Venice is on water, otherwise you would have to walk. The canals serve the function of roads. Considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world for its old fashioned architecture and artistic heritage, Venice has the highest number of visitors than any other Italian city. Fitting for a place whose thousand year economic and political independence was sustained by its role in global trading.
- 1 Girls in Venice
- 2 How to Pick Up Girls
- 3 Dating
- 4 Top Dating Tips
- 5 Online Dating
- 6 Live Cam Dating
- 7 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 8 Risks while Gaming
- 9 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 10 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 11 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 12 Costs of Living
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 How to Get There and Move Around
- 15 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 16 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 17 Gambling and Casinos
- 18 Weed and Drugs
- 19 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 20 STDs and HIV
- 21 Stay Safe
- 22 See Also
Girls in Venice
Girls in Venice tend to be stereotyped as pretty, outgoing and observant. While many are looking for casual hookups, there's no shortage of those who aren't so you need to make a judgement call over that. Some of them have the idea of true love in their mind while dating so do not give them false expectations. Be clear about what you are looking for and things won't get messy.
In Venice most of the girls look like models with tanned skin, long legs, well shaped bosoms and curvy bodies that truly define the European beauty standard. With that being said, there are lots of tourist girls here, who tend to have varied looks when it comes to attractiveness. Plenty of tourists as well so there is a little something for everyone.
Girls in Venice are friendly but do not expect too much. They can act a little distant and will not be interested in you just because you are interested in them. Hitting on them before they potentially see something in you might make them look at you in a bad way. If you take your time and earn their trust with your character, you are in for a lot of fun. They can be pretty shy as well, so if you want a Venetian girl to open up to you, you would have to be ready to open up to her first.
How to Pick Up Girls
Picking up girls in Venice can be easy but tricky. The city itself is very romanticized, and most people that live there, or visit, already have a significant other. They come with their boyfriend, fiance or husband and they will want to spend their time with him, not you or anyone else. However, it is not possible that every girl is committed and there will be plenty of single girls in Venice, locals and tourists alike that are looking for a relationship or just casual fun.
Finding great date spots here will be as easy as anywhere in the world. Your biggest shot at hooking up with girls in Venice would be using the dating apps or scouring the nightclubs.
Tips for Daytime
Finding a single girl in Venice can be an issue but can be easy at the same time. During the day, girls usually go with group of friends which play a very important role in life of every Venetian girl. If you want to impress her, you would have to impress her friends as well, giving them equal importance, which can make your first approach harder.
If you do find a single girl, with all the romance and couples around you, chances are big that she really wants to experience something like that in Venice as well. You would meet them outside walking around the city alone, or simply drinking coffee alone at a pub. Have a relaxed approach, start an easy and slow conversation. As Venice girls are not the most open ones at the beginning, it is better that you know in advance what you want to say and talk about.
Naturally, tourist girls are easier to hook up with. They should be quite easy to recognize as out of place, and are often looking for a partner for the evening.
Best Places to Meet Girls
- St Mark's Square – may be the best starting point. Located in the heart of Venice and the most open area in the city. Almost everything that happens in the city revolves around it, so good looking Venetian girls will be there for sure. Summer can be crowded with a lot of tourists but during any other season, the square itself can be very romantic. In it,there are many pubs and restaurants and it hardly matters which one you will pick for meeting girls.
- T Fondaco dei Tedeschi – Located right next to the Rialto Bridge on the Grand Canal, T Fondaco dei Tedeschi is one of the most recognizable buildings in all of Venice. As of 2017, it became home to a beautiful shopping mall. The mall is home to over 300 clothing brands and if you feel like you have gotten hungry from all the shopping, there is a restaurant inside that can help you out.
- Fondaco dei Turchi- Natural History Museum. There are going to plenty of tourists and girls visiting this beautiful place and it can be a fun conversation starter.
- Doge's Palace- The Palace is the very symbol of Venice so naturally there are going to a hoard of tourists and locals hanging around the area and the Palace itself so it is worth chacking out.
Tips for Nighttime
When it comes to night time, you need to know where to look for girls, and the truth is you might meet more of other tourists than local girls who live in Venice. Finding a single girl can be hard because most of them already arrive in Venice with a significant other. If your only goal is sex, then your chances start to rise as the night falls. All the single girls who had to watch couples during the day and want something like that for themselves, are starting to fill night clubs. You will see the clubs filled with single, horny girls looking for some fun.
If you put effort into making things happen, once they have a few drinks they can become even easier. From this you can already tell why so many guys like nightclubs in Venice. If you are a tourist, they would be thinking they might never see you again, so it does not matter if they have sex with you. That increases your chances for an easy hook up.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
- Piccolo Mondo – Meaning “Small World”. Piccolo Mondo is the first night club in Venice, opened in 1963. One of the best places where you can go wild and dance until early hours. It has girls of all ages ranging from 20 to 40 years old, so if you are into cougars, you might have a shot at them here too! As it is located near a university, many young college girls come here to have a drink and relax. Most played music would be electric mixes of Latino, techno, pop and other types provided by skillful DJs.
- Club 947 - A lively, centrally located night club, right behind Basilica. This exotic place consists of several rooms, each with a different style, playing different types of music. Club 947 has earned its reputation as one of the few true high energy party places, which is not very common for the calm romantic city of Venice. Usual people that you would see inside are hip party crowd of Venice. It’s a hot spot and one of the best nightclubs in the city, so the queues can be long. If you visit, it is the best to arrive as early as possible. If you get hungry, the club would gladly give you their restaurant’s menu and offer the finest international cuisine.
- Pachuka Beach Nightclub – Located right on the beach of Lido, and it is the ideal place to catch a breath from the crowded city full of tourists. Drink and relax on the beach while trying out their delicious seafood, pizzas and pastas. It has two faces. During the day it is a relaxing beach restaurant and when the night falls, it all transforms into a summer evening disco dance with live music and DJs. Prices are quite fair when it comes to Venice, and to make it cuter, it is also pet friendly.
- Aurora Beach Club – Also located on Lido, this club is one of the reference points for the night life of Venice during the summer season. Much like Pachuka, this club experiences the day to night transformation. Relaxing during the day, high energy party zone during the summer night. It has it all. A romantic ambiance by the beach, outdoor beds, a dance floor and the most important one of them all, a hot party atmosphere created by famous DJs.
- Molocinque – It is located inside the building that once housed the theater of Porto Marghera. Molocinque is one of the busiest clubs in Venice and possibly in the entire province. Since 1999, this big club has several open bars and dance floors, that play all kinds of different music, going from 70s and 80s disco to modern Latino sounds, techno, pop and house.
- Hard Rock Cafe- Hard Rock Cafe is a global phenomenon with 185 cafes that are visited by nearly 80 million guests each year. Located at Bacino Orseolo 1192, San Marco, the place is a must visit.
Even though Venice attracts a huge number of tourists every year, the city isn’t that famous as a night life destination. Some parts of Venice can be quite empty as the night falls but if you know where to look, there are still bars and clubs for you to explore where you can find entertainment. They prove that Venice night life is not what people think it is, and that it is much better.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
Sadly, your chances with mature ladies are low. Most of the mature ladies you would see in Venice are already happily married. That isn’t to say single ones don’t exist. For whatever reason, Venetian women prefer older but are open to being with younger men. Keep in mind they are quite conservative when compared to the most countries of Europe. Rather than a casual hook up, they want an intimate romantic relationship.
There is one special spot where you could meet single older ladies of Venice. Venice Jazz Club. What they provide attracts Jazz fans from all over the world. This romantic and dimly lit place attracts cougars the most. If you happen to be into older ladies, this is the place you are looking for.
In general, if you meet them in a night club, they should be easy to approach and talk to. Middle aged women of Venice are more open to hook up with younger men that are tourists in the city.
When visiting Venice, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Venice and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
These are traditional and confident women, there are no special tricks or secret ways to getting a Venetian girl to like you. Be yourself, look as good as you can, dress well, work on your conversational skills and learn how to dance. Italian women are known to love classy men.
When you meet her, don’t be too obvious and start flirting right off the hook. Take your time, let her tell you some things about herself, and then you may slip a couple of compliments based on what she said.
For first few dates, it can be a simple cup of coffee at a bar, or even better, a quiet restaurant for a lunch or dinner. Food makes everyone happy. Keep the conversations personal but not too personal. You don’t want to reveal something from the past that she is trying to forget, as that can ruin her mood for the whole night, and therefore your chances of hooking up. Italian women can be emotional. Avoid starting topics about politics or religion, or anything that can spark a conflict of interests. Instead, tell her about yourself. Your experiences, life choices, what you like and what you do not like, it shows her your morals. Ask a lot of questions. They like to talk about themselves a lot, so be a good listener. Pay attention to what she says and show that you want to know more.
Feel free to be romantic like in the movies, you are in Venice after all. A romantic view, a rose and wine can be a big plus if you are at the right location.
There are no good dating sites or apps that can help you find a serious romantic relationship. For that you simply have to be out there and be lucky. But if you are into casual sex, there are definitely apps for you to use. Most popular ones are:
- Tinder – Classic. You would find most of the girls being single and in their 20s and 30s.
- Lovoo – A German dating app that is really popular in Southern Europe. It has many features like the popular Tinder, so you should have no trouble finding your way around it.
- Happn – A Tinder alternative for most Italians, with an extra feature. You can set it up to only match with singles that have been around your area at some point during the day. Within 250 meters to be precise. If your match happens to be nearby, the app would notify you.
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Venice? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
Classy, confident men have great chances. Strength of character will be easily noticed by any Italian girl. Italy is a wealthy country, and you would stand out if you are rich. If you have money, you don’t have to hold back from showing it, but it does matter how you will show it. Bragging about how much you make or have will make you seem immature but ordering the restaurant’s finest wine, or taking the girl on a private boat ride, may impress her.
Men who can cook are considered sexy in Italy. A way to her heart is through the stomach. Work on your culinary skills and some of the meals that are popular in Italy, like seafood, pizza and pasta.
Other than there might be a communication gap because of the difference in languages, most Italian women do not speak english fluently so men who are familiar with Italian language will have a better chance than others.
Risks while Gaming
Women in Italy can be very emotional if you press the wrong buttons. If you think you might set one off easily, it is better to avoid any kind of argument, and later avoid that person completely. Italian women value their privacy bubble, and if they do not trust you, they are not welcoming you in it. Do not try to touch her without her permission or she will get very offended, you might even get in trouble with cops.
One of major risks is Italy’s possessive men. They are known to be hot tempered and aggressive when things don’t go their way. They can get angry easily and will not hesitate in indulging in a fist fight. It is for the best that you avoid messing with them or their partner.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
Getting laid as soon as possible can be tricky in Venice. One of your options is to spend your time at a night bar or a night club, showing off how much money you have and approach the first girl you see notices it. Make sure you are doing this at a mid-level place, where you can meet anyone’s expectations easily. If that impressed her, a private boat ride will definitely impress her even more. Pamper her with some gifts, maybe earrings, sit on a boat and drive off to wherever you are staying. You know what to do from there.
Your other and possibly the best option is dating apps. Girls are way easier there, and most of them are looking to hook up anyway. All it takes is you knowing how to be good with words, one or two dates and one or two drinks.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
The Sugar Baby scene in Venice is still quite new but there are a lot of beautiful young girls looking for a Sugar Daddy. The best and safest way to hook up with a Sugar Baby is online. At SecretBenefits.com there is a wide selection of nice girls who are looking for an older guy to take care of them. These babes are easy to approach and you can settle everything before meeting up.
Anyone can be a sugar daddy. Just create your free account at SecretBenefits and start enjoying the wide selection of Sugar Babies available.
There are quite a lot of gold diggers in the country of Italy. The country is full of rich people and it is also frequented by rich tourists who are looking to have some fun. These women like varieties of foreign men and tourists as they easily get turned on by money. Many undergo a change in their approach to life, seeing this as taking the easy route to a life full of comforts and luxury even if it means faking love or simply having sex with rich men (regardless of their background or age).
Foreigners who are ready to spend money on girls’ clothes, jewelry, partying, boat rides and so on, are in for a lot of fun as those girls will want to make you feel good in return. You can find most of these gold diggers and sugar babies in and around casinos, hotels, and night clubs. Gold diggers and sugar babies prefer older men as they have more wealth than the younger ones.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
A busy tourist destination and a city that has its roots in libertine pleasures, there are a couple of swingers clubs in Venice as well as in the neighbouring cities of Verona and Vicenza. There are nudist beaches in Venice. one of the most popular one being Lido Di Venezia.
Costs of Living
A usual single tourist that is visiting Venice usually ends up spending approximately $70 per day. If the tourist wants to enjoy the best quality trip and luxurious stays at exotic locations in the city, it would cost him approximately $300-$3000 per day.
The cost of renting a room in the city of Venice is on the higher side but one can find budget stays also. All of this is within the range from $35 to $2000. More details about this are given in the sections below.
Beer from a regular grocery shop costs not more than $2 a pint and if an expensive brand is chosen the cost goes up to almost $4-$6 per pint.
A pint of beer at a restaurant does increase the cost to approximately $4, if you choose international brands it may cost you $6-$10 at maximum.
The food in Venice can be expensive but if you are on a budget there are so many different options that will cater to your specific budget.
Accommodation in the city of Venice is quite expensive and hostels can cost you approximately $40 per night while suites in exotic five-star hotels shall cost you in the range from $300 to $2000 per night. However, there is a cheaper option of sharing a room with someone for $20 a night.
How to Get There and Move Around
There are 3 airports serving Venice. Marco Polo, Treviso and San Nicolo. Marco Polo airport is the most notable one. It is located on the mainland, near the city of Mestre, but still technically a part of Venice. Due to its position, the airport is usually approached from the south, which can give you a beautiful view over Venice from your window.
By bus: From airport to Venice you can take a bus or a taxi. There are plenty of buses near the airport that wait for tourists and go directly to Venice. The trip from Marco Polo airport lasts around 30 minutes and costs around $10 in one direction. If you are traveling from the Treviso airport, the ride lasts a little longer and costs around $15 in one direction. There are also Water buses in Venice.
By car: A taxi after your flight would be a little faster, they wait for tourists around the airport as well as buses, but they are a lot more expensive. They offer fixed rates that can go up to $40, so unless you are in an absolute need of a taxi, the bus option is better since taxis tend to get pretty expensive. There is no Uber in Venice. Apart from ones on the main road, there are no cars in Venice, as there are no roads for ground vehicles. Water Taxi is a viable option.
There is one train station located on the west side of Venice and to get to it, you must go through the train station in Mestre. Venice train station is called Venezia Santa Lucia, be careful to not confuse it with Venezia Mestre (last train stop on the mainland). When passengers arrive in Venice, water taxis and water buses will wait for them nearby and can take them to their final destinations.
The cheapest way to get around in Venice by boat, is by traghetto. Since you are a tourist, they would give you a ride across the Grand Canal for only a 2 euro coin (per person).
An hour long boat trip with Alilaguna water bus company costs around 16$. Murano company costs around $10 but takes only half an hour. There are three Alilaguna routes to different areas of Venice. The water bus services that run to the airport are operated by a different company than the other public water bus services inside Venice, so you would have to get more than one ticket ready. Note that there are a lot of tourists coming to Venice daily and that the boat capacity is limited. There would be a chance of you waiting 30 minutes for the next boat ride. If you do not feel like waiting and want to ride in style, you can hire one of the speedy water taxis for around $110. They are much faster and would take you to Venice in around 30 minutes.
Water buses are generally the best way to get around for longer trips or for crossing the Canal Grande away from the bridges. Some routes change depending on the weather condition, tide condition and season.
Water bus ticket prices:
- 1 journey - $8
- 24 hours - $21
- 48 hours – $31
- 72 hours – $31
- 7 days – $61
Water taxis are the most flexible, but also the most expensive option in Venice. They operate at all times and offer the closest route from point A to point B. Prices range from $40 to $50, depend on the distance you are covering and the time of day. They can also be hired for special trips, but keep in mind that not all canals are can be navigated through by water taxis. If you happen to have doubts, it is good to talk to your captain before starting your trip.
Gondolas are used for scenic purposes and aim at tourists, rather than being a transport option from point A to point B. They can fit 6 people and cost around $80 for a 30 minute trip, but they can come with special services like taking different routes and photo shoots.
When it comes to visas, most countries do not need one for Italy at all. As long as you have a valid passport, you can stay for up to 90 days for both tourist and business purposes. If you are from a country does that does require a visa, it is easy to acquire, and the process is simple.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
The country of Italy is an extremely poor place for digital nomads to settle. Despite having excellent infrastructure and amenities, it is an expensive place to live in, especially when Venice is the case, and you would have to spend a lot of money for necessities only. Additionally, the country’s citizens know very little to no English at all.
Internet and Mobile Operators
There are three operators in present in Venice.
If you want a SIM card without bothering to fill contracts, TIM and WIND can help, as they sell pay as you go SIM cards. It is highly suggested that you get one as it can save you a lot of money when it comes to call and message fees. You would be chatting with girls while in Venice after all. All 3 providers offer Mi-Fi or Key Modem. Both devices use a SIM card differently. Mi-Fi modem uses cellular data to give Wi-Fi access to your phone, lap top or any other device via an internal SIM card, while key modem connects to your USB port and provides internet access via an internal SIM card. Many places in Venice have free Wi-Fi spots, from shops and restaurants, to hotels. If you happen to not have internet access at where you are staying, Mi-Fi or key-modem are least expensive options.
Gambling and Casinos
For those with money to spend, a night out may include gambling at one of Venice’s casinos. Like all casinos, the chances of winning are slim, so you should only bet money that you can afford to lose. If you are into traditional gambling, there are 2 excellent casinos for you to choose from.
- Ca’ Vendramin Calergi – The oldest casino in Venice, made within a palace, overlooking the Grand Canal from its location. Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful looking and most elegant buildings in whole of Venice. It is also considered a big part of the city’s history, as the palace was built between the 15th and 16th century. It has all the games you could want, and it is a great spot for a thrilling night. Traditional card games, slot machines, roulette games and other games. It also has a restaurant famous for refined dining and fish specialties. If you happen to be in a need of a drink, a new bar opened on the second floor.
- Ca’ Noghera – Italy’s first American-styled casino, opened in 1999, located nearby Marco Polo airport. A modern option when compared to the charming and classic Ca’ Vendramin. It is a large home to more than 600 new generations of slot machines and a brand new poker room where Texas Hold’em tournaments are held. It is also home to many events, such as concerts,fashion show and theatrical plays. There are 3 restaurants famous for their Venetian and Mediterranean dishes, delicious pizzas and tasty wine. As a Venetian tourist, you can consider this place a gold mine.
There are also some river casinos in venice that can make up for a pretty interesting experiencing.
Weed and Drugs
It is not suggested that you try getting weed and drugs in while staying in Venice. All weed and drugs are currently illegal, and police is cracking down on drug dealers as part of a bigger operation to improve the overall safety of the city. Drug dealers are mostly immigrants who sell low quality drugs, and if you are a tourist, they would definitely try to rip you off. To the Italian law, there is very little difference if you are purchasing marijuana or heroin or cocaine. You will be dealt with accordingly if found out. You can have small quantities of weed on you for personal use, but you will most likely spend an evening at the police station. The act of buying or selling is punished regardless of substance and quantity. You would be paying stupid high fines and have your passport marked, making it hard for you to visit Italy or some countries of the European Union again.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
Gyms in the country of Italy are overpriced, most of the tourists who are living in good hotels can enjoy the luxurious gym in their hotel premises while others can stick to other forms of exercise.
When it comes to massages, most of the spas believe in naked massages and though they might not cater happy the ending, you are surely in for an erotic treat. There are many different spas like aromatic therapy, aqua spa, and so on. Traveler men can have a wonderful pleasing experience after traveling the city the whole day. Perfect opportunity to relax the body and calm the mind.
STDs and HIV
STDs and HIV are very rare in whole of Italy, even rarer in Venice. If there are any cases of HIV, it is mostly drug abusers.
Here people are well educated when it comes to these things and want to have safe sex. A condom is free in city hospitals. Many women carry male condoms to protect themselves from HIV AID or any form of STDs. With that being said, if you plan on having some great hook ups, it is for the best that you have a couple of condoms with you at all times.
Venice is considered a safe city. You have to take the habitual travellers' precautions however. Keep your valuable items (like wallet and passport) close to you because there are pickpockets, especially in more crowded parts of the city.
Venice is considered a safe city, even for women who travel alone. There are no incidents of terrorism or high criminal activity, probably one of the safest cities in the world. That does not mean you should not take the habitual travellers precautions. Where there are many tourists, there are pickpockets. Venice is full of them, especially at tourist attractions and in crowded areas. As Venice streets are tight, it gets crowded easily. Pickpockets usually go in groups, one would distract you in some way while another robs you. This mostly happens on water buses. As the main way of getting around Venice is through canals, these water buses, that are simple boats, tend to be overcrowded with people who are squished against each other like sardines. This goes in the favor of pickpockets.
On the land, their favorite spots are long waiting lines and city squares. If you are on land and you notice your item gone, chances are you might never see it again. Keep your valuable items, like wallet and passport, close to you and in front pockets, never in the back.