How to Pick Up Your Co-Worker
Do you have that one co-worker that catches your eye every time she comes into the office? Well if that's the case and you would like to get to know them on a more intimate basis, then have a browse through the following for advice and expert tips on how to get into the pants of your sexy office mate.
Most of the people we work with on a day to day basis will not have an image of you outside of the work place, and if you want to hook up with somebody you work with, then the first and most important step is to get her to see you for the person that you are outside of your 9 to 5. A good place to start is to invite them out for a drink after work, after a long hard day the best way to relax is with a cold drink and some decent company. Pick a casual setting for the drink, if you choose to go somewhere too private and intimate you could send the wrong message early on and blow the entire operation.
You also need to time your invitation to perfection, there is no use you suggesting a drink after work on a Tuesday evening, whereas on a Friday when people are already in a relaxed mood and ready for the weekend they will be more open to the idea of socializing after hours. A very good idea is not to talk about anything work related when you are out, the last thing anyone who has had a long day or even week wants to do is rehash the events of the work day. Keep conversations light and entertaining.
The actual date
Once you have succeeded in getting the co-worker to agree to actually go out with you there are a few do's and don'ts when engaging with them. Check out the list bellow to find out what those are:
- Be relaxed, don't put too much pressure on yourself to get them into bed on the very first try, if she see you're trying too hard it can easily scare someone off.
- Keep the atmosphere friendly, if it feels too much like a date you might make them feel uncomfortable, but if you can make it feel like two work mates getting a few drinks then everyone is more relaxed and at ease.
- Look good, dress well and make sure you are properly groomed. Sometimes when we are at work we can let our image slide and we don't put too much effort into how we look, if you want this to be a successful effort then you need to look damn good and help your colleague see you as a potential lover.
- Be yourself, in a professional environment we sometimes have to check our personalities at the door and change our behavior and one way to get people to notice you and particularly a co worker you'd like to bed is to get out that wild side you put in a box when you get to the office.
- Play to your strengths, if you are good at pool then go to a pool bar, if you're better at darts then go to a pub with darts or if your strong point is making conversation then go to a place that is a little quieter. The more you are in your comfort zone the more the confidence will flow.
- Don't give the event a label, if you tell the girl you’re after that you'd like to take them on a date you might blow it all. Play it cool and invite her out for a drink and maybe something to eat after work, make it sound like an open invitation and then obviously emphasize that you would very much like it if she came along.
- Try to limit how much you drink, the last thing you want to do is make yourself look like an idiot. So manage your alcohol intake, get into the vibe but not sloppy so that you might do something you regret and ruin any chance you ever had.
- Let her get a word in. If you talk too much about yourself you might make it seem like you're arrogant and nobody wants to even be with someone who is cocky let alone sleep with them so make sure the conversation flows both way and you show interest in who they are outside of the workplace.
- DO NOT MENTION WORK. this is the most important part of the evening. If you are going to sit there the whole evening talking about the same old things that happen from day to day she is going to get bored as well as a constant reminder that you work together and that will be a major factor in her potentially turning you down.
Sealing the deal
Once you are confident that you have gotten her to the point where she might go home with you the most important thing on your side is to ensure her that it won't be awkward when you see each other again, because let's face it, you are going to see each other 5 days a week for the foreseeable future. You have got to convince her that this whole thing is a good idea and a bit of casual fun for the both of you. If you see overly eager you will scare her off and common sense will prevail. At the end of the day you aren't looking for a relationship because we all know that it will make work a very complicated situation and we don't need other co-workers talking about you over their lunch hour.
To summarize, when trying to pick up a co-worker the biggest points to remember are to leave work at the office, keep things casual and to make sure that everyone has a drink in their hands. If you can create an environment where she can notice you as a regular guy who she doesn't see at work every day then you've got first prize and are in with a shout of getting into her pants. Keep things fun and casual that way you'll ensure that nobody catches feeling and then there will be no awkward stares as you pass each other in the hallway at work. Good luck fellas!