Dublin dating guide advises how to pick up Irish girls and how to hookup with local women in Dublin. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Irish women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Dublin, Ireland.
Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Hugged by a vast river and picturesque mountains, the city is home to Guinness beer, great pubs and gorgeous women. It has been named one of the top places to spend a night partying, simply because of the friendly people and electric vibe throughout the year.
- 1 Girls in Dublin
- 2 How to Pick Up Girls
- 3 Dating
- 4 Top Dating Tips
- 5 Online Dating
- 6 Live Cam Dating
- 7 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 8 Risks while Gaming
- 9 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 10 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 11 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 12 Costs of Living
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 How to Get There and Move Around
- 15 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 16 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 17 Gambling and Casinos
- 18 Weed and Drugs
- 19 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 20 STDs and HIV
- 21 Stay Safe
- 22 See Also
Girls in Dublin
Red-haired girls are the face of Irish women. This is not always the case; although, the stereotype of sparkling personalities that love to laugh and have a good time is mostly accurate.
The girls in Ireland are pretty, and it's not too difficult to find a pretty face out of the crowd. If ginger hair is not your thing, beware that you will probably run into a few red-haired girls; however, you will also find blonde and brunette girls around Dublin.
Girls are usually friendly and they are often keen on a chat with someone new. If you are foreign, it opens up another level of interest, especially since Irish men are generally considered unattractive when compared to the women.
How to Pick Up Girls
The chance of picking up is highly dependant on individual tactics and the places which you go too. Fortunately, Ireland pubs are some of the best in the world - they're always full and there are a great variety of people. As a result, the night life presents the best opportunity to hook up, but it still requires some work. However, if you show a bit of humour and are willing to speak to girls without fear, you should have a good chance.
There are plenty of conversational spots throughout the city. Moreover, Irish girls are easy to talk to and are in many ways similar to their English cousins. Night clubs are also well attended, so you'll always have a backup option if you need it.
Tips for Daytime
The daytime provides ample opportunity to meet girls due to the attractions of the city and the many buzzing stores, parks and university districts. Thus, you will need to get out to the right areas during the day, a few of which will be showed below.
If you met a girl during the day, the best thing to do would be to initiate a conversation. This will quickly give you an idea as to whether she is interested or not. Keep the conversation friendly, humorous and flirtatious. Compliments go a long way if they are not clichés.
Top Tip: There really is no barrier between you and the local girls, particularly if you are a tourist. Use it to your advantage and ask girls to show you around town.
Best Places to Meet Girls
Ireland has a world famous university that has attracted many students from all over the UK and even around the world. As such, it is a great area to meet beautiful Irish students and many different types of ethnicities. If you can, try and get in and around university districts; the many sectors of the campuses are filled with activity and students are often the most open to conversations and meeting new people. The most renowned universities and colleges are:
- Trinity College (top tip: this is where most of the international students are. In fact, depending on the year, there may be even more international intakes than local).
- University College of Dublin.
Dublin is a busy city, but there are natural breaks in the impressive architecture in the form of city parks. These green havens are pretty and there are lots of girls out for a jog or picnicking on the lawns. Here is a list of parks to visit:
- Merrion Square
- St Stephen's Green
- Grand Canal
- Iveagh Gardens
Malls also give you a good place to meet lots of girls. If you go during the busy summer times, you are likely to run into lots of girls who are enjoying the shopping or simply grabbing a bite to eat. Most of the malls are located in the centre of the city; however, there are a few big ones scattered throughout the outskirts. The best malls to visit are:
- Mary Mall
- Irish Life Shopping Mall
- Moore Street Girls
- The Westbury
- Beacon South Quarter
- Stephen's Green Shopping Centre
Pubs and restaurants are always full in Ireland, especially during major sporting events or bank holidays. It has been instilled into Irish culture that the pub is the place to be, so venture into a popular one if you have time. If you are looking for really busy pubs, try the following locations:
- Lloyd's Bar
- Lanigan's Pub
- The Lord Edward
- Chamber's Pub
Tips for Nighttime
The Irish night life is usually fun. There are some nights where things are a bit quiet in the clubs, but bars and pubs are always packed.
Dress codes for clubs don't usually require anything fancy; however, you'll want to keep in mind that certain venues require specific attire. Always look your best, anyway.
The weekends bring about a partying mood in Dublin, which usually starts off in a relaxed venue such as a pub or lounge and ends in a club. Girls often go out in groups, so getting to know some of them in the earlier parts of the evening. In the clubs, themselves, your chances are also pretty high. Offer to buy drinks and if she accepts, it's usually a very good sign.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
The nightclubs in Dublin are generally good, so much so that international media outlets rave about the bussing nightlife in the city. If you are looking for a good time, try one of the following venues:
- Copper Face Jacks - Known to the locals as "Coppers", this club has become a central point of the night life. It has become somewhat infamous, but it is a must visit whether you're a tourist or a local.
- The Workman's Club - another great party venue. This club has charmed its way into the hearts of the locals. It has become so popular that it's even open seven days a week with different genres playing on every night. On the weekends, you should expect pumping EDM and disco.
- The Button Factory - Located in the heart of Dublin's partying district, the Button Factory is always a good venue for pumping EDM anthems and deep house music. There are lots of girls and the vibe will entrance you until early hours of the morning.
- The Grand Social - host to a lot of events, this picture-perfect location is a great place to party and meet lots of girls. Check the events schedule for dress code instructions, but it's definitely worth going.
- Mother - what once was a fundraising venue has turned into the hottest partying location that attracts the best DJs and a vibe unlike any other. Lots of girls go to Mother; however, you may have to prepare for being hit on by a few gay people.
If you are unsure about where to go, or you have exhausted this list of clubs, you can try going to the Temple Bar area. It's the main clubbing street in Dublin, so there are plenty of interesting venues to try out. It's often as simple as following the buzz on the night.
Ireland is famous for its night life. In fact, many international media sources claim it to be one of the best places to party in the world, especially if you enjoy the entire chilled bar/lounge movement. In the clubs, the vibe is electric and the locals know how to throw a spectacular party. The girls are always there, too.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
Like most western cities, there are plenty of mature women who love nothing more than having fun with a younger man. Some of these women are pretty wealthy, so this strategy can save you some cash during your stay. There are also a few apps to try if you're out looking for an older women or cougar:
When visiting Dublin, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Dublin and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
If you are in Dublin, there are a few thing is to do to impress a girl on a date. In a nutshell, you'll want to explore a bit of the city, eat something exciting and do a fun activity. The local girls are pretty fun, so you can always ask them for tips along the way. However, here are a few ideas to get things started.
- Local parks - a walk in a local park is a good way to start the conversation. It's fun, encourages physical closeness and it's also free. However, you may want to finish this with a bite to eat.
- Pub life - grab a drink at one of the pubs. Not only is it a great place to pick up girls, but the local pub has charm and character, so a meal or a drink is always well received.
- Restaurants on the river - not only does this score you points for a breath-taking view, but the romantic tension is more than likely to take you to the next base fairly quickly. Add some alcohol to keep the conversation flowing and it should be a winning date.
- Horse and Carriage - there are a number of horse and carriage vehicles available for rent throughout the city. With a view of the city and a gentle pace, this age-old pastime is sure to get you in her good books.
- Hiking through Ticknock - The Dublin mountains are pretty, and sunset is always an occasion for romance. Go in for a kiss or invite her back to your place.
- Private Cinema - There's no better way to initiate a bit of a cuddle than renting your own cinema. Moreover, it's impressive to say the least.
- Dundrum Mini Golf - Mini golf is a fine way to enjoy the evening and an even better way to set the mood. Get her competitive side out and maybe say that winner gets a kiss.
Ireland follows a similar online dating approach to that of the UK, so if you are travelling to both countries, you can use the same apps with minimum fuss. Moreover, the online dating scene has become increasingly popular; it's a good place to meet locals even before you arrive. Here is a list of the most popular apps to use in Ireland:
- Tinder - no matter where you go, Tinder will always be a hook-up essential. Get swiping as soon as you land and try moving things from the virtual chat room to a physical date as soon as possible.
- Bumble - it works pretty similarly to Tinder except for the fact that girls have most of the control. They have to initiate conversation after a match before you can talk to them.
- Zoosk - a favourite of the British isles and a good tool to have in Ireland, too. This App gets you a hook-up pretty quickly, so get online as soon as possible.
- Happn - connects you with people close by, and it puts matches with whose paths you have crossed at the top of the list. It's great for conversation starters.
- Instagram - Even though you may brush past this application as too non-dating for hook-ups, the DM system is often more effective than it first appears. Try searching girls in your region and see if you can connect.
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Dublin? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
Irish guys are generally considered unattractive, so many tourists are immediately at a great advantage when in Dublin. Caucasians and Hispanic types have the best chances, provided you can approach a girl confidently and engage in humorous conversation. Asians also stand a chance, but they are much lower down on the attraction scale. African men are, all else being equal, the least likely to find a date, but it's always mostly up to charisma.
In terms of wealth, the most important thing to remember is to ensure that you always look presentable. Also, students are likely to accept hostels and cheaper accommodation, but older girls (25+) usually want something a bit pricier.
First dates are easy to come by, but it is unlikely to lead to sex. If you want to take things to the bedroom, you will probably require two or three dates.
Risks while Gaming
Ireland is generally a safe city, but there are a few crime-related misdemeanours to watch out for. When pulling from the Temple Bar area, beware of scammers and thieves who look to take advantage of tourists at night.
Also, avoid unprotected sex at all costs. Some girls may try and get pregnant on purpose to get access to state welfare. Besides this, you may have chances of getting STDs, especially Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
There are two main ways in which you could get laid quickly, but both require a certain amount of tact and the ability to be persistent for a few hours at least.
Firstly, online dating is a big factor, especially when you are meeting people for the first time. For more information on good app suggestions for general online dating in Ireland, see the "Online Dating" section.
However, if you are looking to hook-up in Ireland at the quickest pace possible, you may want to try the following applications:
- I am Naughty
- Be Naughty
- Adult Friend Finder
Secondly, the alternative way to hook-up is to attend the famed night life of Ireland. There are lots of girls partying it up in the streets of Dublin, so you can take full advantage of the situation. See the "Nightlife" section for a list of top clubs and bar districts.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
The Sugar Baby scene in Dublin is still quite new but there are a lot of beautiful young girls looking for a Sugar Daddy. The best and safest way to hook up with a Sugar Baby is online. At SecretBenefits.com there is a wide selection of nice girls who are looking for an older guy to take care of them. These babes are easy to approach and you can settle everything before meeting up.
Anyone can be a sugar daddy. Just create your free account at SecretBenefits and start enjoying the wide selection of Sugar Babies available.
Gold diggers are available, and some of the students struggle to get by whilst still paying for their studies. You may try this avenue and see how it plays out. Like most Western countries, money is a measure of status, so you will always find someone interested in some form when in Ireland.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
Swinging parties are not the topic of mainstream conversation, but they are available if you are really interested. Clubs are not out in the open for public scrutiny, but you will find some swinger events hosted at places like Gentleman's clubs.
If you want get into the swinging circle, the best thing to do is to get into contact with people online. Once you infiltrate the circle, there will always be events to attend.
Costs of Living
The cost of living is split largely amongst three categories: transport, accommodation and food. All of these can get exponentially expensive, but there are good budget options available.
The cheapest accommodation options will make a $20 dent in your wallet, which will look like a room in a hostel. Transportation will cost another $20 at least, and cheap meals will require another $15 - $20. On the other end of the scale, a really expensive hotel can cost as much as $400 per night - so too a villa in an upmarket neighbourhood. Food at a trendy restaurant with some drinks will be around $150 a day, and moving around in style can cost another $100.
Cheap options are around $20 for a hostel. Mid-market is around $60 - $120, and premium hotels start at around $250 a night.
Beer is expensive in Ireland, and Dublin is worse.
Beer is mainly sold in pints if you are out in the city; the cost gets rough, especially if you go into the Temple Bar district.
Meals are extremely expensive, and budget options start at around $10. A big mac alone costs $6, so this shows you how expensive food prices are in general. Continuing up the scale, a meal at a trendy restaurant/fine dining establishment can make you $60 poorer.
Like most cities, there are good areas and bad areas to stay. Fortunately, the policing in Ireland is generally good, so you can choose to accommodate yourself in most districts with reasonable assurance of comfort and safety.
You may want to start your adventure with the couchsurfing platform. It connects you with people - mostly of student age - who are willing to share their residence with you for a few days. You are unlikely to come across a hot girl, but there is still a chance - you're more likely to find a wingman. Despite the exciting and cost-effective opportunity of couchsurfing, it's always necessary to budget on a hostel just in case.
The city centre is a good place to look for accommodation, as it places you in the middle of the best place to meet girls during the day and at night.
If you are looking for a budget place to stay, you can try the following places for under $20:
- Generator Hostel
- Jacobs Inn Hostel
- Abigails Hostel
- Barnacles Hostel (Top tip: this hostel is in Temple Bar, which is the main nightlife and clubbing area of the city)
If you are looking for a more luxurious option, you can easily get a decent 2-3-star hotel for around $60 - $120 per night. Some good options are:
- Clayton Hotel
- Mespil Garden Inn
- Academy Plaza Hotel
- Harding Hotel
- Templar Bar Inn
- Holiday Inn Dublin City Centre
If you have a bit of cash to spend, you can book a villa in the wealthier suburbs. Airbnb is a good place to look for these, and accommodation in places such as:
These are the wealthier, suburban areas where you can find a great villa. They provide a great party destination, especially if you make friends during your excursions in town. You can also book a room at one of the prestigious hotels in the city centre. You shouldn't spend more than $350 on a 5-star hotel.
Dublin is a big city, and although it is safer than most, there are still a few areas to avoid. Tourists are targeted. The south-west part of the city is generally considered rougher than others, so avoid walking around at night. Also, O'Connell Street has become a region infested with gang-related activity and reports of muggings.
How to Get There and Move Around
Dublin is a nice city to explore by foot or bicycle. If you need to move further around the city, you can choose public transportation or taxi.
By air: Dublin has an international airport with everything you'd expect from a first-world city. There are plenty of restaurants and stores to keep you occupied; also, the transport from the airport is good: trains, busses and taxis. If you are really desperate for a place to stay, try the airport hotels.
By bus: The bus system is very good, and it will take you everywhere you need to go. Moreover, it integrates well with an online application, so you can plan your route well in advance.
By car: You can Rent a car for the duration of your trip; there are a few rental agencies available in Ireland. You will find most of these at the airport or in the city centre. The cost of renting a car starts at around $90 per day and you will need a deposit, the size of which depends on the car you have chosen.
Uber is fast and efficient and there are plenty of cars available. However, it can get expensive, depending on the distance of your trip, so keep it for emergencies and short trips. Taxis aren't cheap either.
By train: The Irish train system is not only fat and efficient, but the scenery en route is also extremely pretty. It's a great way to enjoy the country. It also doubles as a good place to meet girls who are either travelling to a particular destination or touring just like you. Again, the entire system is integrated with an online platform, so booking remotely is the way to go.
In the city of Dublin, you can move around by trams.
By boat: Dublin is not too far from the coast, so there are a number of tours available. These are very much tourist attractions, so they can get quite pricy.
Visas: Most Western countries and those who are a part of the British commonwealth are granted visa-free access to Ireland. In contrast, most third-world countries are expected to obtain a visa from Ireland's diplomatic mission in the respective area. To avoid disappointment, check Ireland's official guidelines for further information.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
Before working in Dublin, you will require an Irish working visa if you are not a citizen of the country. There are a number of jobs available - from high-end career routes for professionals to waitering at restaurants and bars.
Living in Dublin is not cheap as the majority of other places in the UK. With that being said, it may be difficult to survive off nomadic work. The economy is one that is designed for local jobs, especially because of the unfavourable exchange rate.
Internet and Mobile Operators
Ireland is an independent nation from the UK; however, the similarity and proximity in geography has naturally led to the same companies providing networks in Dublin. As a result, you can easily travel through Ireland after visiting the UK.
Here's a list of a few trusted network providers in Ireland:
- Vodafone - the main service provider in the UK is also the number one operator in Ireland. It's a great choice and you'll never have to fear losing connectivity. The only downside is that data is somewhat expensive if you are buying it little by little.
- O2 - Another key player in the mobile services market. O2 has been serving the British community for decades; even though Ireland developed later, it is still a mainstay and a great option for visitors.
- Meteor - More native to the Ireland scene, Meteor is a great option if you are in Dublin. It should also be cheaper than a few other service providers.
Gambling and Casinos
Gambling is legal in Ireland, so there are a few places where you can look to get lucky. If you are looking for casinos, the eastern districts of the city centre is the place to be. Notable casinos include:
- Fittzwilliam Casino and Card Club - one of the more popular casinos. They have everything you need for a great time: games, machines and even online games.
- Macau Casino - Another staple in the city centre. It's a great place to spend some time and enjoy the many games on offer. There is a fully-kitted bar and enough to keep you occupied for hours.
- The Sporting Emporium - Fans of sport will find this venue extremely entertaining. As the name suggests, there are a great many sports games displayed and you can bet to your heart's content.
- Playtown Casino - A standard casino with a great many games on offer. You can also take a break at the impressive restaurants or grab a drink at a bar.
Horse racing is also a popular gambling venue. There are also a few events at the race track throughout the year, so if you are looking to gamble some spare cash, you can try and attend a local race at Leopardtown Racecourse.
Weed and Drugs
Ireland is famous for its partying scene, with legendary pubs and flowing alcohol. As a result, there would always be a certain amount of drugs involved as one would expect. The distribution and sale of these are mostly controlled by gangs. As a result, you will want to remain careful of areas where drugs are sold. Besides the obvious association of gangs, dealers are well known for tricks and scams.
Marijuana is illegal in Ireland, but the penalties are not too harsh. The law provides for a 3-point penalty, so your first two infringements are basically unpunished. If you are a tourist, it makes it even easier, as your time in the country is unlikely to be long enough to infringe on all three warnings.
You can get poor quality weed in the night club districts of Dublin. If you are looking for a quick fix, then you can try the Temple Bar area (the main nightclub district). Alternatively, Moore Street has a lot of African shops that will sell you weed if you know who to ask.
Other drugs are available - heroine, LSD, Ecstasy, MDMA and Meth. However, you shouldn't try and venture into these, as the sale requires getting involved with gangs. In addition, they aren't exactly healthy and the majority of locals view more hardcore drug usage as extremely taboo. As a result, you will have to stick to the fringes of society and your chances of hooking up go down dramatically.
Getting your hands on good-quality drugs is a timely process, and it requires a bit of effort. If you are looking for something as simple as weed, you will have to get into contact with a dealer. This can only be accomplished by getting to know someone who has the appropriate contact details. Infiltrate a friendship circle and you should get a number from there.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
Dublin is a typical western city in many ways, so the gyms are large and they come in many shapes and sizes. If you are looking for a workout that is designed to keep you looking buff for a night out, there are a few options for you. Alternatively, you could also try a few health clubs; these gyms have everything you need and more. They're also a great place to meet girls if you like fitness chicks. Try one of the following gyms when in Dublin:
- Fly Fit - a mainstream chain that has many subscribers throughout the city. You'll definitely want to use this gym for a short-term period. It has everything you need: cardio equipment, weights, a pool and a great lounge/reception area. You can easily head out to one of the coffee bars surrounding the gym, which is handy for when you manage to chat up a girl from inside the gym.
- Raw Gyms - a workout paradise for heavy lifters. If you are searching for your swolemate, then this gym is for you. Some of the fittest people are located inside these walls, so you will find plenty of toned bodies, squat booties and narrow waists.
- Ben Dunne Gyms - another chain that services the more budget demographics of the community. As a result, you'll find plenty of students and younger girls in these gyms. It's also a good place to look for a potential wingman to help you navigate Dublin.
- Dublin YMCA Gym - A community-service offering that shouldn't eat into your budget. It's a fully-kitted gym that comes with weights, cardio equipment and a lot of other features. There are lots of girls here, and it can be a good way to meet people and grab a workout with minimum costs.
- Club Vitae - a true health club at the Clayton Hotel. There is a sauna, a half Olympic pool and spa facilities available. It's probably not the best place to meet a girl and it will be pricier than more mainstream fitness chains. However, the spa facilities and equipment are state of the art, so it may work as a good place to go for a fitness date.
- David Lloyd Health and Fitness Club - one of the UK's premier fitness brands. It's costly and available in the business district. If you don't mind paying a bit extra for some luxury, then it's a good option for a workout in the city centre. There are a few wealthier girls in this location - and a few sugar mommies too.
STDs and HIV
STDs are around no matter where you go, so you should always be careful. Fortunately, Ireland has a high sexual education level and hygiene is instilled in the culture in the culture. This results in a lot fewer HIV and STD cases each year; however, the importance of safe sex can not be overstated. Thus, before any more detail on the risks, there are a few principles that should be kept in mind.
The most important is to never have sex without a condom. If you have hooked up with a girl that is trying to convince you otherwise, become immediately suspicious. Moreover, you should also keep more than one condom on your person at all times - just in case.
There are also other STDs to look out for, such as Chlamydia, Syphilis and genital warts. Herpes is also on the rise with some of the most diagnosis occurring in 2018. There has also been an 8% increase of HIV in the country due to a recent influx of immigrants and a lack of governmental funding for pre-emptive drugs.
There are a number of clinics open throughout Dublin. If you engage in unprotected sex - for any reason - it's a good place to get a check up. You can get a diagnosis and you will also have access to anti-viral drugs.
Dublin is generally a very safe city during the day by American and European standards but can be an intimidating place on weekend nights. As in most other large cities, a few crimes against the person, such as muggings, unprovoked attacks, and robberies, have been known to occur in Dublin. Treat Dublin as you would other Western cities, and be sensible: never walk in poorly-lit areas at night, especially alone. As Dublin centre is relatively compact, be aware that walking a few blocks can take you into some bad areas. Areas where crimes against foreigners have occurred include Rialto and western parts of the North Circular Road. Be especially vigilant or preferably avoid walking around the city centre altogether after bar closing times on weekends (02:30 - 03:00) when very drunk people looking to take advantage of other drunk people roam the streets and when violent behaviour and crime are most likely to occur. Most homicides in the city are gang related.