Amsterdam dating guide advises how to pick up Dutch girls and how to hookup with local women in Amsterdam. Travel, enjoy and have fun with hot single girls and you might even meet the love of your life. Read more on how to date Dutch women, where to find sex and how to get laid in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Amsterdam is the capital city of Netherlands and one of the most touristic cities in Europe. It's a financial, cultural and creative center with more than 850,000 inhabitants. Amsterdam is known for the canals that criss-cross the city, its impressive architecture and more than 1,500 bridges. The city of Amsterdam is very liberal and mixed from many nationalities.
- 1 Girls in Amsterdam
- 2 Where to Get Sex Now
- 3 How to Pick Up Girls
- 4 Dating
- 5 Top Dating Tips
- 6 Academic Singles
- 7 Online Dating
- 8 Live Cam Dating
- 9 What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
- 10 Risks while Gaming
- 11 How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
- 12 Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
- 13 BDSM
- 14 Swinger Clubs and Naturism
- 15 Costs of Living
- 16 Accommodation
- 17 How to Get There and Move Around
- 18 Digital Nomads and Remote Work
- 19 Internet and Mobile Operators
- 20 Gambling and Casinos
- 21 Weed and Drugs
- 22 Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
- 23 STDs and HIV
- 24 Stay Safe
- 25 See Also
Girls in Amsterdam
In general, Dutch girls are tall and skinny! Posh dutch girls dress up fancy and want to meet wealthy guys. Hipster girls want to have a meaningful guy that are making some impact in the world or business, for example famous designer or yoga guru. Hippies likes vegan talk. There is also shy university girls that can be found around university cafes. Girls who are studying in universities are often moved to the capital from smaller Dutch cities.
There are lots of beautiful Moroccan and Surinamese girls, and also nice looking Turkish girls who might be little bit hairy. You can find girls from any race in Amsterdam; caucasian, latin, Asian, African and mixed ones.
The looks of Dutch girls is usually above average European. However, you can find very different type of girls from brunettes, blondes and redheads to skinny and tall or fat and short. However, most of the Dutch girls are way taller than the average height of girls!
Local girls can be a bit hard to hookup with on the touristic locations of the city. Most of the Dutch girls are posh or hipster. There are also hippie crowd that can be found. Immigrants are mainly from Morocco, Turkey and Suriname and they have their own cultural attitudes but some of them have been integrated to the Dutch mentality very well.
Where to Get Sex Now
It is easy to get sex online in Amsterdam. You just need to find the best available girls. See Girls Online Here!
How to Pick Up Girls
When discussing about picking up girls in Amsterdam, first we have to understand what are the options. Local Dutch girls are more difficult to hookup with than tourists. A chance to pick up local girls is 2 / 5 and chance to pick up tourist girls is 4 / 5. Amsterdam is full of tourists all year around, but the summer months are the busiest. Tourist girls are often looking for some adult fun while visiting this liberal city. If you will meet a group of girls having a bachelorette party, you should definitely go and try to change a phone number with some of them. Usually bachelorette party groups like to go wild.
Tips for Daytime
Chances for picking up at daytime is more challenging than nighttime. However, you have good possibilities to approach many girls during the day and ask their phone number. Later on you can arrange a date with her and see how it goes.
Best Places to Meet Girls
- Vondelpark is a popular spot for girls having a picnic. Tip: Bring a football with your friends and kick the ball "accidentally" towards to attractive girls and start talk to them.
- Foodhallen is a major hipster food & bar venue west. There you will need to make an impact with clothes or conversations.
- Shopping malls are always a good option to meet girls while they are shopping.
- University cafes are lively places to meet student girls. It's advised to show an interest in their studies and trying to make an impact with good discussions and intelligence.
- Hitting on girls on the street is for guys who are self-confident. This style is usually a hit or miss, but do not get disappointed if the first girl refuses your approach. Finally your effort will be rewarded if you know how to talk to girls.
Tips for Nighttime
Nightclubs: Amsterdam clubbing scene is wide. There are venues from techno music to mainstream clubs. If your interests are facing each other's, it's easier to fire up the chemistry. Easiest way to hookup with girls is to reserve a table with a bottle of spirits and the most handsome or social guy from your group goes to invite girls to your table (level 4.5 / 5). If you are alone or you don't have too much to spend, then just go and dance in the beginning of the evening when other guys are still to shy to go to the dance floor (level 3 / 5, depends of your dance skills and how you act).
Bars: In the city center there are many tourist places to find drunken easy tourist girls. They are usually in the groups so better to approach them with a friend and take them together in the same place for after parties.
Best Nightclubs to Meet Girls
As mentioned above, there are lots of different kind of nightclubs. Some clubs are for electric music with amazing sound system, and some are more relaxed with some basic pop or RnB music. However, you can find girls from every venue.
Some of the most popular clubs in Amsterdam:
- De School, Dr Jan van Breemenstraat 1. A former school building in Amsterdam West. It's a nightclub, restaurant and cultural complex with a 24 hour licence. The capacity of 500 guests.
- WesterUnie, Klönneplein 4-6. A huge hall for techno, house and acid nights.
- The Box, Mekongweg 5. An impressive event venue in Amsterdam West, hosting events all around the year. Amazing acoustics and relaxed atmosphere makes it a good place for some of the city’s best concerts and dance events.
- AIR Amsterdam, Amstelstraat 24. A house and dance club with a great sound system with amazing LED wall.
- Club Up, Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 26. A stage for talented young DJs and producers.
- Escape, Rembrandtplein 11. Located on the Rembrandtplein in the city centre, Escape is one of Amsterdam's largest and most popular night clubs.
- Melkweg, Lijnbaansgracht 234A. Located in the heart of Amsterdam. One of the city's leading entertainment venues with two halls, a cinema, a theatre and a cafe - and a varied live music.
- Westergasfabriek, Haarlemmerweg 8E. One of the city's thriving creative hotspots in the west of Amsterdam.
- Canvas op de 7e, Canvas op de 7e. A bar/club/cafe/restaurant is characterised by an easy-going vibe on the 7th floor.
- Warehouse Elementenstraat, Elementenstraat 25. An old warehouse that has been transformed into one of the city's most influential party locations.
- Madam, Overhoeksplein 1. Located in the iconic A'DAM Tower. A panoramic restaurant, bar and nightclub on the 20th floor with far reaching views across Amsterdam's skyline.
Amsterdam is one of the best party capitals in Europe, or even in the whole world. Lots of foreign guys and girls are organizing bachelor or bachelorette parties in this famous city. This is a fact that proves Amsterdam is a great city for having fun. You will find every type of party venues from Amsterdam, from laid back pubs, bars and lounges all the way to hardcore raving clubs. Only your imagination is the limit.
Mature Ladies and Cougars
As in any major city in Europe, you can also find mature women looking for fun with younger guys. If you're interested in 40+ year-old MILFs and cougars, your best option is to visit some of the trendy lounges and bars in the evening. Another good option is using Tinder where you can set your age limitation search as you wish.
When visiting Amsterdam, dating can be a fun and interesting experience. AdultFriendFinder.com, lets you meet local members in Amsterdam and get to know them on a personal basis before you arrive. It just takes a few minutes, you simply create an account, upload a few images and tell a little about yourself. Since time in your destination may be limited, get to know each other’s desires beforehand so when you do meet, you can skip the awkward introductions and start having some real fun.
Top Dating Tips
In summer, arranging a date is very simple. You can just go to the nearest grocery store, buy some wine, cheese and maybe strawberries and go sit down next to a canal. This is very simple, inexpensive and easy way to relax and start a conversation.
If you are going for a date with a local girl, then the best plan would be that she will decide what she would like to show you about her city. If you're going for a date with another tourist, you can find plenty of activities in the city. Going for a canal boat ride with your date is not a bad idea if you both like to explore the city from that point of view.
Thousands of singles are looking for a chat, a date, a partner for love, and a wonderful future. Using scientifically designed questionnaire, with Academic singles you will only be matched with partners that are compatible. Get your questionnaire, your personality assessment and your matches all completely free. Start now: Academic Singles
- InternationalCupid - Premium international dating site with over 1 million members.
- Tinder: If you have Tinder+ paid version, you can put your location to Amsterdam even before you are in the city. This will save you some time to arrange dates beforehand. Tinder is usually basic casual talk which will possibly end up meeting each other. If you want to get laid, try to close the meeting as soon as possible.
- Happn: Probably too slow for travellers to get laid in the same day, but quality is often better than in Tinder. If you will spend several days in Amsterdam, this app is worth to try.
- CouchSurfing: A good way to meet like minded travellers. If you're lucky you can find a local girl who will accommodate you. This will save you a lot of money and in the best case you will end up banging her. You should also check some dudes who are accommodating travelers. He might be a good wingman to show you around the city and the best spots to hookup with girls.
- Badoo: Mostly young and mature, educated women that are looking for a relationship. You can tell them that you are also looking the same thing, even if your target would be to just have some fun. Do this in a good manner that the girl won't be too disappointed if you are not looking for anything serious in the end.
- Grinder: If you're a straight dude, this app is not for you. It's a gay hookup app.
- AdultFriendFinder: Mainly for sex dating (be careful; many profiles are sex workers).
Live Cam Dating
Are you looking for virtual satisfaction in Amsterdam? Chat with live web camera models and find the best girl for your needs. There are thousands of girls online 24/7 waiting for you: Live Cam Girls
What Kind of Guys Have the Best Chances
Caucasian and western guys are the most wanted in Amsterdam. If you stay in a fancy hotel it gives you more possibilities to get laid.
Main crowd in Amsterdam are hipsters or yuppie hipsters that are a bit more wealthier than hipsters usually.
Like almost everywhere in the world, girls in Amsterdam appreciate a good taste of clothing. Amsterdam is very trendy and liberal city, so the girl is probably expecting you to have good manners and good hygiene. Go to shower and brush your teeth before meeting your date.
Risks while Gaming
Don’t approach Arab girls if they are with guys or family.
There are many street hustlers that are trying to sell fake drugs in the red-light district. Avoid these guys.
How to Get Laid as Soon as Possible
Your best option for getting laid asap is to visit some of the nightclubs or using a dating application. Nightclubs are a good option after midnight when the girls are tipsy and ready to go wild. Online apps in other hand are easier way if you like to arrange a date just from your hotel room. Try to get as many matches as possible in Tinder, and start many conversations. Hopefully someone will be on the mood.
Gold Diggers and Sugar Babies
Amsterdam is full of hot girls looking for a mutually beneficial hookup with travellers. There are lots of girls who don’t charge by the hour but who will do anything for a guy who is willing to help them pay their bills. If you are looking for a more personal and less transactional alternative to escorts, a good place to find these sexy open-minded girls in Amsterdam is SecretBenefits.
In fancy hotel lobby bars you can spot gold digger girls. These times the best option is to find gold diggers is from websites which are designed for sugar dating.
Looking for a new bondage partner while traveling? ALT.com is a community of like-minded people with members around the globe. Our members are interested in submissive sex, power exchange, locating persons for new slave roles, erotic BDSM, bondage & fetish sex, as well as live sex dates. Find thousands of play partners for whatever your fetish may be; bondage, foot, cockold, spankings, role-play, electric or water play, sadism and masochism all while traveling in Amsterdam.
Swinger Clubs and Naturism
Some swinger clubs are welcoming also single guys to join the events. The entrance fee varies by te event, and you should make sure beforehand that is the event open for singles as well. Swinging parties in Amsterdam:
- Sameplace is one of the most famous swinger clubs in Amsterdam. Address: Nassaukade 120, 1052 EC Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Amsterdam's Most Popular Nude Beach: Zandvoort is one of Amsterdam's most popular coastal beaches. It is a beautiful area in the North Sea dunes. Three kilometers, between poles 68 and 71, are devoted to nude recreation. Zandvoort has many amenities, including five beach pavilions with snacks, meals, and drinks in the naturist area.
- How to Reach Zandvoort by Train: From Amsterdam CS, several trains per hour stop at Zandvoort aan Zee; transfer there to Connexxion bus 81 (direction: Zandvoort) and exit at the final stop. Travel time is 70 minutes, plus a 20-minute walk from the bus stop to the beach.
- Another Nudist Beach Near Amsterdam: Velsen and Bloemendaal. The adjacent seaside resorts of Velsen (to the north) and Bloemendaal (to the south) have a shared nudist area where their two beaches meet; poles 58.0 to 59.5 span the entire nude recreation area, while pole 58.425 marks the boundary between the two municipalities. While there aren't many beach pavilions or amenities available, both Velsen and Bloemendaal make up for this with a wider variety of off-beach attractions. When visitors become weary of the sand and sun, they can visit the IJmuiden aan Zeetourism site and the Bloemendaal Municipality sites for more information.
- How to Reach Velsen/Bloemendaal by Train: From Amsterdam Sloterdijk station, take Connexxion Regioliner bus 82 to IJmuiden aan Zee (direction: IJmuiden). Travel time about is 45 minutes.
Costs of Living
Amsterdam is not cheap place to stay. The accommodation is your biggest concern if you're traveling with a tight budget. In spite of the accommodation costs, you can still manage to live with the same costs as in most European capital cities.
If you're staying in the hostel and eating fast food, you will survive with €50 per day. If you like to stay in a comfortable hotel and like to explore the nightlife, expect to spend $100 - $250 per day.
You can find some cheap hostels for around $30 per night, but they usually are not located in the city centre. If you would like to stay in a good location in a 3-star hotel, that will cost around $120 - $200 for a double room per night. Four and five star hotels will be from $200 to $1000 per night.
Local beer (Heineken) is inexpensive in Amsterdam. Imported and special brewed beer are more expensive.
Some basic bars are selling pints of Heineken for around $5, but more upscale bars and clubs may ask a double price from that.
You can find many fast food places which will fulfill your stomach just for $5+ USD. If you're planning to visit a decent restaurant, you will end up paying $20+ for a steak meal.
Accommodation in Amsterdam will be your biggest challenge for the budget. Because the city is so touristic, the hotels can keep their prices high. Also Airbnb apartments are expensive in the city centre area.
You will find some relatively cheap hostels outside the city centre, but they usually are not very good options if you're planning to take a girl to your place. The cheapest dormitories in hostels can be found for around $15 USD per night. Again, you can't bring a girl to a dormitory.
You can find some hotels little bit away from the city center for around $50 per night. If you like to stay in better location, expect to spend at least $100 for a double room in a 1, 2 or 3 star hotel.
For 4 and 5 star hotels, expect to pay minimum of $150 per night.
How to Get There and Move Around
By air: Schiphol Airport is the main international airport of the Netherlands. It is located 9 kilometres (5.6 miles) southwest of Amsterdam. It is the third busiest airport in Europe in terms of passenger volume. You can find hundreds of flights every day to this airport. Basically you will be able to reach Amsterdam from anywhere in the world just with one stop over. The easiest way is to take a train from the airport to the city. It will cost you $5+ USD.
By bus: You can get to Amsterdam by a long distance bus from all major cities from Holland. Public buses in Amsterdam, just like the tram and metro, local buses are operated by the GVB. There are also suburban buses to nearby towns such as Haarlem and Uithoorn; these are operated by Connexxion or EBS (the company name and house style is prominent on the bus side) and can be used within Amsterdam if you travel with an OV-chipkaart. Enter buses only via the front door.
By tram: Trams are very popular in Amsterdam. The tram network has 18 lines and it is considered to be the major carrier in the central area of the city.
By car: You can drive to Amsterdam easily from all the neighbor countries of Netherlands.
By train: Amsterdam is a very good hub for the train connections. You can get there from neighboring countries and they are really popular ways to travel.
By boat: Amsterdam is full of canals. A canal boat ride is a relaxed way to explore the city.
There are also public ferry routes across the IJ River, between the city center and Noord. The most frequent ferry runs every 7 minutes.
Visas: You should take a look about the visa policy to Schengen Area. Netherlands is a part of Schengen Area and European Union.
Uber: Uber is an easy way to get around in Amsterdam and it's cheaper than taxi.
Good tips in the city: Walking is easy because the city centre is pretty small. You can also use bicycle taxis.
Public transportation: Metro and tram are good ways to move around the city and to meet girls in the vehicles.
Other options: Rent a bike and see the lovely city of canals. There are approximately 750,000 people living in Amsterdam and they own about 800,000 bicycles. The city is extremely bicycle-friendly, and there are separate bike lanes on most major streets.
Digital Nomads and Remote Work
Places to work online: Good place to work online is a Cofeecompany coffee chain.
Internet and Mobile Operators
At the airport you can buy a sim card with 4G data plan.
Mobile data connection is excellent all around Amsterdam. It's a good choice for using dating apps everywhere.
Gambling and Casinos
The main casinos in Amsterdam are Holland Casinos. Holland Casino is a Dutch state-owned company and has the legal monopoly on gambling in the Netherlands, and has fourteen casinos located throughout the country.
Weed and Drugs
Legality: Dutch law allows 5g of cannabis possession to go unpunished. This is due to the tolerant nature of Dutch society.
Price: Famous, crowded, or touristy coffeeshops you can expect to pay more expensive prices, but you will quickly find out that you will be paying a higher price for the very high quality top shelf stuff, around 15-20 euros / gram of possibly award winning cannabis strains. Good hash can cost anywhere from 10-40 euros a gram, and Oil can go from 80-100 euros a gram.
Where: hundreds of Coffeeshops around the city.
Health, Fitness, Gyms and Massage
It’s good to have a travel insurance if something happens. Basically Amsterdam is pretty safe place to be.
Amsterdam has street fitness in the big parks. Those are good spots to find girls in the same mood. Gyms are also a good spot to approach girls while training. In some erotic massage salons you can get handjob to make you day easier to hookup with other girls.
STDs and HIV
Chlamydia is common in in Amsterdam. It's advised to use condom always if you are having sex with a stranger.
HIV rates are quite low in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam is one of Europe's safest cities. It has an overall easy-going, laid-back feel and crime is not common. Amsterdam is female friendly, women can easily travel alone here and feel comfortable and safe. Gay and lesbian travelers also have little to worry about. However, you should take normal precautions against scams, pickpockets and baggage theft, especially in the main shopping streets, in trams and trains, at stations, and anywhere where tourists congregate.